1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email paperless billing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Christopher Gould, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    I just received an email stating they were changing me to paperless because they think I will like it. If I wanted paperless billing I would have signed up for it long ago!

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I have paperless billing and auto bill pay to my credit card. They send me an email that is exactly the same as a mailed bill except that they did not buy an envelope, pay postage, the postal carrier did not have to transport it and I did not have to open it and then have something to throw away.
    I use a FREE program called PDF Creator and I print my email to that and it creates a PDF type file for my records that I can then go back and look them up if I need to do that.
    They should have also given you $10 a month off your bill. If they did not I would call them and ask for it.

3. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    IIRC, the $10 credit is for both, paperless billing AND automatic bill payments

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I thought they were always together. I have both and maybe that is why I thought this.

5. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    Sounds like a scam. I'd contact Directv and confirm if they sent it.

6. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    They are not. I only have paperless and don't have ABP as I don't qualify for the discount

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    And I think some don't like it because they think it does require autopay. Others just really want paper statements.

8. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    To be a scam, the e-mail would have to provide more than just an advisory notice. There would need to be an opt-out link that pointed somewhere other than DIRECTV.

If the TS is still inside the 24 month discount window and opted out, DIRECTV may have finally caught up with their violation of the terms of the agreement that mandate electronic billing and auto-pay.

9. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    No scam went online and they had switched me. I already had the auto pay discount back when it was part of the 24 months free hd. Switched it back to paper. I'm OCD I just like having the paper. I often write on the bill to count down how long discounts are.

10. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I put the discount dates to call for more in my Yahoo Calendar. I set it to remind me 3 days and 1 day in advance with an email.

11. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    I'll admit you seem to have a nice system

12. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    The best system is what works for you, though it never hurts to try a new system temporarily to see if you like it even better.

13. Glenee

Glenee Cool Member

Sep 22, 2007
    I just received a email saying they are going to put me on paperless billing. Took a look at the sending email address didn't look right to me. Anyone else receiving these from DTV ?
    Go it on September 6th, 2018 looks like a fishin expedition to me.

14. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Look at it again. There should be a option with a expiration date giving you the ability to remain on paper billing.

15. TDK1044

TDK1044 Godfather

Apr 8, 2010
    The e-mail states this......

If you wish to continue receiving a paper bill*, just tell us here by October 15 2018. If we don’t hear from you by then, we’ll begin the update of your account to Paperless Billing.

After October 15, please look for an email asking you to verify your billing email address. Once verified, your Paperless Billing update is complete.

Remember, you can always view your bill and change your billing preferences by signing in at directv.com.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  16. Glenee

Glenee Cool Member

Sep 22, 2007
    I called them and yes they were just going to stop the bill.
    "Alert" Now get this if you think you've heard it all ! They were going to charge me a fee for opting out of paperless billing, I have never been paperless in my tenure with DTV.

I am just a little more cautious these days about clicking on email's. Everyday some one is going to close my email account.

17. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    After they do it, you can call and complain and they will take it off. At least things like this used to happen when I had an ATT home phone.
    Why do they think they should charge you to save them money ? Probably because a lot of people do not pay enough attention to their bills.

18. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Nope.

read the fine print - you'll pay FOR RE-PRINT your bills and keeping paper bills will cost NOTHING !

19. Glenee

Glenee Cool Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Yep.
    It was on my bill in recent transactions, when I read the REAL PRINT on my Bill.
    Yes opting out of paperless billing will cost me nothing, cause I called and said remove that B.S.
    A couple of people on another forum got after their butts, and they say it has been removed and there will be no charge for opting out of paperless billing.
    The CSR's don't even know anything is going on until they check your account.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018