Empty Season Pass recordings on 390 CBSeHD (instead of local (5 KPIX))

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bananfish, Oct 20, 2020.

1. bananfish

bananfish Mentor

Aug 13, 2007
    I have a Season Pass set for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Until about 3 months ago, give or take, the SP worked fine, recording the program on 5 KPIX from San Francisco (I am in California) each night.

Starting about 3 months ago (or maybe even more), it seems to be trying to record the program on an East Coast CBS (Channel 390 CBSeHD) that apparently broadcasts the show at 8:35 pm here on the West Coast for subscribers of that channel, which I am not. I do get a recording listed in my Playlist for that program, but when I try to watch, nothing will play and a message displays that says "All or part of this program did not record. The channel wasn't in your package during broadcast. (721)." It does not record the 11:35 broadcast on 5 KPIX.

In the Channels I Receive list (which I of course have no control over) 390 CBSeHD is checked, but under Favorite Channels, I have selected "Custom 1" under the "Choose a list" option as my channels that are supposed to be used for recording, and 390 CBSeHD is not in the channels I have selected under Custom 1.

Why did this become a problem, and what can I do to get this Season Pass behaving properly (i.e., record the show on Channel 5)?

2. bananfish

bananfish Mentor

Aug 13, 2007
    Really? Nobody else out there has this issue with channels they do not receive blocking channels they do receive from recording a program on a Season Pass?

3. codespy

codespy Go Pack Go!!!! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    My best suggestion would be to delete the season pass you have set, run ‘clearmybox’ to flush all data in case there’s some corrupted, then recreate the season pass once the guide builds up again and see if that works. I’ve only had to do that once in a very great while when I had issues recording a series.

Unless of course you’ve already done that.

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    When you set up the new season pass, go to the guide, find Colbert at 11:35 on your channel and select that show/season to record. Sometimes when you do a 'Smart' Search, it goes to a channel that you don't receive.

TheRatPatrol likes this.
  5. jrsac

jrsac New Member

Aug 23, 2014
    I have the same problem with 390 being recorded - which I do not get- and the local network channel not recording. Nothing seems to help. I had this beta few years ago- I don’t remember exactly what I did but I think I wound up calling D to get them to remove 390 from showing as a channel I receive even though it is not in my pac.

6. jrsac

jrsac New Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Not beta word was “before “. Stupid phone correction

7. bananfish

bananfish Mentor

Aug 13, 2007
    I ended up deleting the Season Pass and then re-entering it new ... that seems to have worked.

codespy likes this.