1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Episode Numbers are incorrect

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by Centex99, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Centex99

Centex99 Mentor

Sep 24, 2007
    It seems on multiple shows my Hopper has incorrect episode numbers... any idea what's causing this? Its the new hopper with sling running S304...

2. barryaz1

barryaz1 AllStar

Feb 5, 2007
    It's not just the Hopper. This has been the case with DISH for years. Just go with the flow and follow the airdates or check show websites for episode titles, etc.

3. FarmerBob

FarmerBob Godfather

Nov 27, 2002
    Welcome to the Wonderful World of DISH. Episode Numbers, Original Show Dates, Episode Information, Timers firing off on the word "New" for "News" in descriptions and many more things that DTV and Comcast don't have. Consider yourself lucky. The other night they showed our local 9 off the air and it was on with a special SNL. DISH was the only guide that was showing it. Once they lose Tribune things will be great. Until then, get used to it.

4. charlesrshell

charlesrshell AllStar

Feb 24, 2008
    O'Fallon,...
    What do you mean losing Tribune? Thanks

5. FarmerBob

FarmerBob Godfather

Nov 27, 2002
    I have been tracking this for many many years the all the guide problems and thus timers, are due to inaccurate information from Tribune Broadcasting/Zap2It that DISH uses for the Guide and programming information. And they know it's the source of most of our problems. This I have confirmed with many "working level" DISH people.

Even our local stations use TitanTV (very accurate and one of many I have used to verify info) on their websites for their channel listings. If only DISH would, our lives would be so much better and I wouldn't have to spend more time dinking with timers or trying to find encore broadcasts than actually watching what does get accurately recorded.

6. charlesrshell

charlesrshell AllStar

Feb 24, 2008
    O'Fallon,...
    OK, thanks. So do you know when Dish is going to switch to TitanTV or something else?

7. FarmerBob

FarmerBob Godfather

Nov 27, 2002
    Unfortunately I have been told it'll never happen. But we can pray!!! Or "something" could happen that "persuades" them to change? Until recently there has been little comment on it and every time I made mention I would get flamed. Now more recently I have seen others making mention and it is being discussed without the ridicule I got. So maybe it may get some new traction and we get some positive results. Fingers and every thing else crossed.

8. charlesrshell

charlesrshell AllStar

Feb 24, 2008
    O'Fallon,...
    OK, thanks again.

9. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
  10. 3HaloODST

3HaloODST Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    Definitely not a new issue and not a Hopper-only problem. Hell this has been going on since the DVR 625 days. Like it or lump it, unfortunately.

11. oldengineer

oldengineer Godfather

May 25, 2008
    One of the first things I noticed after switching from D* to E* was the bad guide. The D* guide has better descriptions and casts and is timed more accurately than E*s. Shows on FX, for example, that started or ended 2 minutes before or after the half hour were displayed and recorded correctly on D* without having to modify start and stop times. I wish Dish would use that or a similar guide.

12. charlesrshell

charlesrshell AllStar

Feb 24, 2008
    O'Fallon,...
    WOW, that is sweet.

13. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    but the price for better guide is more ads - see a thread where ppl upsetting by that