1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epix

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by tcatdbs, Jan 9, 2012.

1. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    Just thought I'd pass this on. I installed the Epix android app on my Galaxy Player today and streams very well (wifi). It's what Dish On-line should be like (it does make sure you have a Dish account). All their movies available anytime (not just the live ones).

2. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    When you go to the Epix web site it is obvious that it is well-designed to stream their content. Unless you're a Dish, Verizon, Cox or Charter customer who subscribes to Epix you can't get the content. But I have a hunch when people discover what content is not available on the premium packages we're all used to, that will change.

3. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    It works well on my Dell Streak 7 and Motorola Xoom. Not so well on my Galaxy S II Skyrocket phone. I can select a video and start it streaming. But then the pause, play, fast forward and rewind do not work. I just sent a bug report.

4. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    Epix responded that they don't currently support the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket but are working on a new Android app and expect to have it out soon. Well, at least there was rapid response.

5. jkane

jkane Icon

Oct 12, 2007
    Wow! Thanks for this find. It blows dishonline out of the water.