Error Code 11-626

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by etexlady, May 8, 2020.

1. etexlady

etexlady AllStar

Oct 21, 2007
    Anyone ever get an error code 11-626 when running a system test? I was having problems with the mini in my bedroom connecting to the receiver. Rebooting the client did not help. I went to the tv in the living room where the Genie HR44/500 is located and got the error message when running the system test. The instructions were to call an 800 number but I don't want to get involved with that tonight. The main tv works fine and I would prefer to keep it that way. Any ideas?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Codes 10, 11 – Receiver error detected.
    Overview:
    A problem with your receiver was detected.
    Troubleshooting:
    Both of these indicate receiver errors that are not recoverable in the field so the box must be replaced. Code 10 indicates a RID related error while 11 indicates the tuner hardware can not be accessed. The presence of error 11 may also result in a box stuck in step 1 of 2 at bootup.
    Not related to TV Apps (11)

Dishdude714 likes this.
  3. etexlady

etexlady AllStar

Oct 21, 2007
    Appreciate your response. Is the error referencing the Genie or the client? The Genie is working okay on my main tv.

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I do not know.
    I would think the tuner problem is in the Genie since the minis do not have tuners and just access the ones in the Genie.
    Try unplugging the genie and the mini,
    Wait about 5 minutes and plug the Genie's power back in.
    After it totally starts, then plug in the mini.
    See if it gets a tuner on the Genie then.
    If not, you will need to call them and talk to them about it.

5. etexlady

etexlady AllStar

Oct 21, 2007
    Just an update. I did call customer service and after jumping thru hoops because I was on my cell phone and not “the number associated with my account” finally got to a live person who I could understand. The rep determined the problem was with the whole home settings so he had me reboot the Genie and reset the whole home settings so the mini would be recognized. Working perfectly now. Well, perfectly other than the frequent audio dropout but that’s another story.

6. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Would you please tell us about the audio dropouts? We might be able to fix that.

Rich

7. etexlady

etexlady AllStar

Oct 21, 2007
    Thanks, Rich. I have complained about the audio drop out previously (9/2019 post) and it was suggested the HDD was failing and the easiest solution would likely be getting a newer Genie. I just have not done that yet. I was somewhat concerned that the problem might be that Directv was not playing well with my new Sony android smart tv and the Sonos Beam attached to it but I don’t notice the dropout on any of the streaming apps so I concluded the problem was with Directv. I’m seriously considering dropping Directv and switching to ATT TV or another live streaming service in a couple of months and hopefully that will solve the audio problem.

Rich likes this.
  8. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Have you tried with Dolby digital on and Dolby digital off? And this is the genie hr44 connected right? Not a client?

9. etexlady

etexlady AllStar

Oct 21, 2007
    I assume Dolby Digital the same as Dolby Audio? In the Direct tv settings menu, Dolby Audio is set to “on”. As far as I can recall, I have not changed it. Yes, this is the HR44/500 genie receiver.

Edit to add: I tried changing the Dolby Audio to “off”. All that did was make the dropouts 2-3 seconds vs. a millisecond when Dolby Audio is on.

Last edited: May 16, 2020