1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Logging in From TNT

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by chris83, Aug 19, 2012.

1. chris83

chris83 Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    Don't know whether this is the right place to post this, but...

I went to TNT to watch a couple missed episodes of "Falling Skies". The first step is to pick your provider and then login with your username and password. When I clicked on Dish I got the error message below:

"This webpage is not available.

The webpage at https://identity1.dishnetwork.com.ent-web01.dev.synacor.com/saml/saml2/idp/SSOService.php might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    Error 501 (net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE): Unknown error."

I clicked on other providers and every one of them took me to a login screen. It's only with Dish that I received this error message. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    What browser/version and operating system?

I just tried my iPad app as well as Firefox 15 beta on my iMac and both allowed me to login just fine.

Although... Firefox did warn me when I clicked to sign in and I had to allow it because whatever you click on was one of those "this isn't what it seems to be" images or something that pops up a warning from time to time.

So... it seemed to basically work for me... which makes it more likely to be localized to something in your setup perhaps?

3. chris83

chris83 Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    Chrome 21.0.1180.79 and IE9.

Neither would allow me to login before; both seem to work okay now. Weird.

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated.

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    No problem... if it works now without you doing anything different, maybe it was a temporary glitch that had been corrected by the time I tried.

I tested the app since I figured if it was a URL problem with the Dish end of things, that the app might be hard-coded and even more broken than the TNT Web site... but since both worked, I didn't know what else to try.

Hopefully it was a temporary thing and won't break again!