1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Messages on a vip622

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by drudavies, Feb 2, 2012.

1. drudavies

drudavies New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Started receiving 2 error messages about 3 weeks ago on our vip622. Error messages are: Programming Not Authorized and Internal Communication Error. They flash on the screen and off so fast, I have not been able to get error code numbers. Dish Network says they cannot help me without the error codes. I receive them both on live and recorded programs and on different channels. On the recorded programs, I have gone back to find the error message to read it completely and nothing is there. Has anyone had this problem? Also, I have the latest L710 software update. The problem started after that update but not immediately.

Thanks!

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    Try a hard reboot. Unplug for 15 seconds and then plugin. See if the problem continues.

3. drudavies

drudavies New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    I have done that more than once and the problem continues. I finally got the error codes last night.
    005 Programing not authorized
    122 Internal communication error

Code 005 is displayed on recorded and live programs. 122 only displayed live. It will show on a recorded program but is not in the recording.

Any other ideas?

4. MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 18, 2011
    The Internal Communications Error is going to be the cause of your issue. If the hard reset did not resolve the issue, the receiver will need to be replace. Please send me a PM with your account number or phone number, your full name and the 4 digit pin# on the account and I will get the receiver replaced for you. Thank you!