1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eSATA with HR24

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by gitarzan, Aug 1, 2010.

1. gitarzan

gitarzan Godfather

Dec 31, 2005
    I didn't find much information on eSATA with HR24 in the eSATA FAQ.

I am trying on my HR24-100 with an Antec Case and a 1.5 TB Western Digital drive. The Antec case I last used six months ago on an HR21 and a 1.5 GB drive. The WD drive I am using now is brand new.

I am getting slow or no remote response with the eSATA drive hooke up. The remote may respond to a command or two or take 45 seconds or hang for a few minutes. Sometimes watching the front panel I see the remote DirecTV logo flicker several times at once as it finally breaks loose.

Any ideas? Does anyone have eSATA working with an HR24?

thanks,

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Lots of people have it working, which exact model of WD 1.5 did you put in the case? If its the EARS model there's your problem. The 2 best models to use are the EADS or the newer EVDS models. The EARS models do not work.

3. gitarzan

gitarzan Godfather

Dec 31, 2005
    It is an EARS model. Thank you for that information. Does anyone know why?

4. Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon Hall Of Fame

Aug 17, 2006
    I have a 1TB My DVR Expander and it's been working fine.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    If you'll search for "ears drive", you can get the info, at least this short thread http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=181384&highlight=ears+drive

6. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    They use a different sector/block sizing that is not compatible with the Linux-based OS in the DVR's...