1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN alt HD!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by ehren, Sep 7, 2012.

1. ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    Come on!!!!!!! Can't you losers put up an HD channel for reverse mirror college football games on Saturday afternoons? Why would I want to watch Syracuse/USC in crappy SD? Maybe because with Dish THAT'S YOUR ONLY OPTION???????

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    There are lots of ALT ESPNHD channels... whether or not they carry the game you want to see is another matter... but there are a lot of them.

3. richall01

richall01 Godfather

Sep 30, 2007
    South Georgia
    Remember they can't show the game in HD if it's not broadcast in HD.

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    The Syracuse/USC game was moved to ABC in several markets. Have you checked for it there?

5. ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! no there isn't. They are all SD.

Directv has ESPNalt HD and ESPN2altHD channels on 210 and 211. Dish does not provide them.

6. ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    This is the whole point of the topic. I have to watch the game on channel 146 which is only SD.

7. Willh

Willh Legend

Jan 1, 2009
    reminder, Dish is getting sued by Disney so they won't make new deals with a company that's suing them for previous channels carriages that Dish ether pulled before contract was up or without payment/consent from company that owns the network or networks the lawsuit's about.

8. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    You're right... I misread that part of your post. The USC Syracuse game is on my local ABC station... so I hadn't actually gone looking for it since there was no need to.

9. shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    As I understood it, it was, at least originally, an ABC/ESPN/Disney issue. As I heard about it, its been going on for a few yrs now, the parent company didnt have enough HD space to transmit the alternate game in HD for any provider, including Directv. Now whether that has now changed an Dish hasnt been able to jump on the wagon becuz of their dispute w/ ESPN/ABC/Disney remains to be seen.

I myself had to watch the USC game in SD also (via KGO TV A.A.D.), at least for most of the 1st half as our local ABC pre-empt the game for coverage of the storms that swept thru the mid-atlantic.