1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ethernet for MRV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by bnwrx, Jul 31, 2010.

1. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    I am confused on this. Can I still setup an MRV using ethernet cables(like when MRV was in beta)? Or do new MRV's have to be DECA? I did not have MRV beta before and would like to avoid the DECA charges if possible.
    Thanks and sorry if this has been covered before.

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    You can set up MRV via ethernet and it will work fine, but you will still be charged for the function to be enabled. $3.00 monthly.

3. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    Thanks. I currently have an HR20 connected to an ethernet switch which is connected to my DSL Modem(NOT a router). This works for VOD from DTV. Can I just connect my other HR21 to this switch, and then activate MRV? Is there any other hardware needed?

4. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    One thing to add to this, if you have a current package it will only cost you $3 more /mo. In my case, I would have to change packages which costs $1 more for the new package or a total cost of $4/mo to add MRV.

5. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Yes

No

You may want to call and inquire about the Whole Home DVR setup though. Some people are getting it installed at a reduced rate or even free. You'll get performance with DECA than you will Ethernet. Not a huge difference, but noticeable.