1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ethernet Port LED ??'s

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Tuquala, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Tuquala

Tuquala Mentor

Jan 9, 2007
    I remember a lot of previous comments on how bright and annoying the panel lights on the H series were in a dark bedroom!! Did a search and couldn't find any comments on the ethernet led's causing the same comments! Thought I would but no luck!! So here goes with some comments and a question on this!!!

Just had MRV installed along with a H25 for 3rd tv. Other two are HR21 & HR22. The ethernet port on the HR21 in the bedroom has the two led's working as expected, and are very bright in the middle of the night!! The HR22 in the family room shows no signs of light from the port, dark!! It is in a cabinet with the back of the cab about 8" away and no light from the led's can be seen at all. Can see the led's on the DECA in both rooms.

Normal??? The HR22 is located closest to the dish and the splitter. Would that make any difference? I have taped over the bedroom led's to lessen the distraction.

At this point, MRV is working fine on all receivers, no apparent glitches that I know of.

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Seeing LED's in a dark room is normal.

3. Tuquala

Tuquala Mentor

Jan 9, 2007
    DUH, I would ASSume it is normal!! My question pertains to why the HR22 does not do the same!!

4. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Dumb question but perhaps the HR22's LED's are covered up too? Or not reflecting enough light??? I don't know just a thought.... I would say if everything works, well then all is well?