Excitement for SWMLine

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - SWMLine Discussion (private)' started by smiddy, Apr 11, 2008.

1. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    Ok, I'm getting pretty psyched for this to become the main install choice across the country. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

2. MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Well Smiddy, I agree with you somewhat. It's pretty good, and most helpful to only half to have the one run to the DVR's. We still need to come up with the splitters that should be used. Several are using different splitters, and with different results. Also what about those who need more then 8 tuners. The old way with and older style multi-switch or two dishes? It's definately good no doubt, but some small issues to look at too. IMHO...

3. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    I think what you bring up is a good set of parameters. Is this ready for prime time? Is the likely question. There are some unlike me, that setup their systems such that they want to have a DVR in front of every DVR. Also, as you point out, there are others who will try putting the PI in more locations than as I have my own, which make it difficult, but not impossible, to figure out. I think we (the Royal we) have found most of them, there are likely others, but for the most part we've foudn them so there is a starting point and since I think this is a living document so to speak, that DirecTV has a way forward and can punch this into the public.

Though, limiting to 8 tuners might be rough for some. I can't see ever needing more than that due to my own setup.

4. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    SWMline & Slimline with multiple SWM8s, "the wave of the future". :)