Exit polls don't match the popular vote?

Discussion in 'The OT' started by firephoto, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firephoto

firephoto Icon

Sep 12, 2002
    The topic pretty much says it all and then to go along with it an unexpected very large lead in the popular vote for Bush just seems strange.

The early exit polls showed Kerry with a lead in Florida and this was even apparent by some republicans getting upset about a probable Bush loss early on in the evening, but then things started shifting.

I realize that any poll can be wildly inaccurate but I would have never guessed the difference in popular vote that seems to have occurred. It will be interesting to see some numbers by county and voting method maps come out. It was said somewhere that only a few or even one vote per electronic machine could be changed to make a difference in some situations and this isn't something that is totally impossible. Where's the proof that nothing's been changed with a machine that has no paper trail?

2. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    If an exit pollster asked me how I voted, I would tell them proudly that I voted for Kerry and yes on prop 72. We gotta put those evvvviiiillllll monolothic corporations in their place.

Hey, who said that I had to tell the truth to the exit pollsters?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.