1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expedition Impossible Premiers June 23 on ABC

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Scott Kocourek, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    More here: http://abc.go.com/shows/expedition-impossible/about-the-show

Anyone else planning on giving this one a shot?

Yeah, I know it's another reality/game show but I'll be there.

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
  3. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    SL already set up. Looking forward to it. It seems it will be more physical than TAR.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I'm sure it won't be as brutal as his Eco Challenge, but more demanding (or at least in different ways than TAR.

I'll give it a shot.

5. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Yeah, I'll give it a go. Timer is ready.

6. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I'll be watching this one although I fully expect it to be a one season and done ..

7. Jul 9, 2011 #7 of 23
    Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    I think Doug called this one correctly, probably won't be back next season.

The show is OK at best and we're still watching because it's safe programming to watch with the kids around.

8. Jul 9, 2011 #8 of 23
    Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    This show is VERY boring. My wife and I have fallen asleep during each episode. I think having them isolated in the desert with no interaction amongst locals really makes it dull. Plus the desert landscape itself is pretty dull considering that's all we see each week. I had higher hopes for this show.

9. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Our timer is still active. We'll let it go a little longer, but I agree that it's no challenge to TAR.

10. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    The other thing that bothers me is the challenges, they are pretty tough and if you are the first to figure them out everyone can see exactly how to complete them. The water challenge was the worst, it looked like the other teams we allowed to use the same hole that another team dug.

11. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    It's moderately interesting from a 50,000 foot view. I'm not invested in any of the contestants and the host sucks. The departure schedule is understandable, but it doesn't provide any drama .. The strong start first and generally finish first while the weak start last and have a lame finish ..

The most interesting element so far .. The lady being bucked off of the camel in the most recent episode. OK, I lie. The most interesting part so far is the blind guy finishing near the top of the pack.

They might as well dump the weak teams because none of them have a chance. There would be more interest if the sent the teams out in reverse order from how they ended. Folks would try to be second to last (rather than eliminated) which would provide some drama.

Yeah, definitely don't see this one coming back next year (or ever). Not even sure if it will finish up this year.

12. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    We made it through the first episode, but gave up after that.

13. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    You're not missing anything. :lol: I'll take one for the team and let you know who wins. :p

14. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    Most of the teams are forgetable unless the team with the blind guy wins he won't remember anyway.

I do give him (blind guy) credit, he's tougher and more willing than most of the other contestants. I would think he'd be nervous as heck. However it was interesting that his friends briefly lost track of him, they don't seem to think of him as the blind friend, they just think of him as their friend. Pretty cool.

15. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Well girls, you're not in Kansas an more .. Team Kansas was given the boot this week. The Country boys were saved only because the girls couldn't get out in front of them far enough. Too bad the next leg isn't spread based on your time behind the group or they'd definitely be gone next time.

16. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I'm failing in my duties here. I think I'm 3 episodes behind at this point .. oops .. :lol:

17. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    As of Thursday I'm 4 episodes behind, all spare time has been filled with some pertty hefty repairs to the house.

18. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    That was when we stopped watching ... :D

19. RASCAL01

RASCAL01 Godfather

Aug 1, 2006
    I'm also that far behind :eek2: Maybe we will watch some thins weekend.

20. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    It'll be a waste of your time, Rascal.