External hard drive issue

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by chiller333, Jul 2, 2020.

1. chiller333

chiller333 New Member

Jun 30, 2020
    Okay so recently dish Network has it stated on their website that you can hook up to a 7 terabyte external hard drive with hopper 3, the hard drive must have its own power supply,which mine does they cannot figure this problem out, they said nobody else has this problem, so I have a 4 terabyte my book which is the same model that they sell, when I transfer all my movies over to it it shows that the space has been taken by the movies but it only shows 40% of the movies on there..if I start removing movies from this hard drive back to the hopper then other movies that I put onto the external reappear, has anybody else had this problem and does anybody know of a fix? Personally I think the hopper itself is weak because I've had it for a while and is not working correctly and have asked them to send me a new box..

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    I believe there is a limit (or at least there was a limit) of 999 recordings that can be seen on an EHD even if more are there. Not sure if the limit was upped when the larger HDD was approved (OOPS!).

3. chiller333

chiller333 New Member

Jun 30, 2020
    I don't even have 999 movies on that drive.. it's either the hopper or it's a software issue on their end