1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 GP India Alert

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by xyzzy42, Oct 29, 2011.

1. xyzzy42

xyzzy42 AllStar

Jan 26, 2007
    The program guide is currently listing the F1 race starting at 5am ET for only ONE HOUR followed by the same description at 6am ET for 1 1/2 hours. Check your to do list.

2. swaff

swaff Hail to the Redskins

Feb 15, 2009
    Central...
    Nice catch - Thanks

3. gortnacory

gortnacory New Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Thanks.

It's listed the same way on the Speed iPhone app so this seems to be an error on their side.

4. alnielsen

alnielsen Godfather

Dec 31, 2006
    ...- .....
    Thanks

5. fjames

fjames Mentor

Nov 24, 2010

6. Groundhog45

Groundhog45 Hall Of Fame

Nov 9, 2005
    Cedar Park,...
    Thanks for noticing that.

7. 1995hoo

1995hoo AllStar

May 14, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Man, I wish I had seen this thread on Saturday. I was watching the recorded race yesterday afternoon around 5:30 when I noticed how it was cut off. The re-broadcast was at 3:00, so I missed that. Next re-broadcast is Friday, so presumably there's no chance of seeing that either given the programming dispute. I set a record request anyway. I wonder what in the world Speed management were doing that caused this. I looked at the program listings using my mobile phone after I discovered the problem and saw their programming listed "Indian GP" and "Indian GP (cont'd)." WTF prompted that?

I suppose the lesson is never simply to trust the "to-do" list and instead to be active in verifying the upcoming recordings' details whenever possible (something I imagine most of us probably don't do).

8. dramirez

dramirez Cool Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Luckly I was watching the race live.

But how come if I have "record all events" it only recorded the first ocurrence?

It's like with the Curiosity series on Discovery, they changed the title of the program, and now I'm missing like 5 episodes!

9. Nov 1, 2011 #9 of 10
    1995hoo

1995hoo AllStar

May 14, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Problem resolved, so I can see the last 22 laps.

On the "record all events," I think (but I'm not certain) that the DVR is set up not to record a re-run that airs within a certain number of days of an episode that was recorded, and this extends to sports because the software doesn't know the difference between an "episode" of F1 racing or an "episode" of, say, Modern Family. Many, perhaps most, DVRs have this sort of limitation built into the software because of certain shows that are re-run very frequently and that would result in your DVR being cluttered up with a bunch of redundant copies of the same thing. You can override it by manually adding the re-airing you want. I know I'll be monitoring my "To-Do" list a lot more closely after the stunt they pulled this weekend.

10. lugnutathome

lugnutathome Hall Of Fame

Apr 13, 2009
    Woodburn, OR
    Noticed that on playback but since I always tack 1.5 hours on anyway I ended at the tail end of the interviews. Oddly enough the program banner said 2.5 hours but the program counter said 1 hour.

The prior race showed the event prior to that in the description right up till late Friday night too. Something about Speed and the info provider.

I recorder the LIVE feed BTW and it had this timing problem.

Don "good thing there wasn't any full course cautions" Bolton