1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Face Off series recording problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Barcthespark, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Barcthespark

Barcthespark Godfather

Dec 16, 2007
    We have our DVR set to record Face Off on Syfy with the series options episode type: First Run. For some reason it didn't record tonight and is scheduled to record a replay on Sunday at 3:00 AM instead. According to the upcoming episodes listing it looks like next week is messed up too. Anyone else having this problem?

2. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Perhaps you have a conflict? do you have an HDDVR or Genie?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

3. montanaxvi

montanaxvi Legend

Oct 2, 2008
    We've got an HR22 in our master bedroom that has our Face Off recording setup and it did not record tonight. It was in the series manager recording later this week. Had this also occur with Major Crimes on TNT when that series returned this season. First couple weeks did not record the first run, had to remove from series manager and add again. No problems with that show since. I added Face Off to our Genie for a backup recording and will see how the original HR22 setup does next week.

**edited to add**

I didn't have any conflicts on that unit this evening, it just didn't record, no cancellations or any reason that it didn't record.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using DBSTalk mobile app

4. Barcthespark

Barcthespark Godfather

Dec 16, 2007
    peds48, no conflicts. It was the only thing scheduled to record tonight.

montanaxvi, sounds like the same problem so I guess it isn't my DVR. For some reason the guide must not be tagging these episodes as "first run".

5. dangraney

dangraney New Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Exact same thing here... so frustrating to see Face-Off playing happily away with no recording icon. GRRR. I deleted and reset the series to record, and it still refuses to record when a new episode premieres. Anybody else dealing with that?

6. texas16309

texas16309 New Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Same thing happened on my Genie. All five tuners were available to recored and Face Off didn't. I was out of the house trusting the Genie to do it's job. Like everyone else, the Genie wanted to recored the premier on Sunday rather than Tuesday. Glad I got back by 10:30 PM to watch the second airing. Wish not granted.

7. dangraney

dangraney New Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Bad Genie! For shame.

8. Barcthespark

Barcthespark Godfather

Dec 16, 2007
    My wife noticed Continuum was going to do the same thing so she set it up to manually record. From what she has seen so far, it seems to happen when the first run episode does not have the "HD" tag. It then sets to record the first (repeat) episode that is listed as "HD". Interesting.

9. dangraney

dangraney New Member

Feb 19, 2011