1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failed recording 2 straight days...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by carlsbad_bolt_fan, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan Icon

May 18, 2004
    Carlsbad, CA
    Yesterday I reported in the "HR20: 0x13e - Discussion / Issues" thread that my HR20 recorded a show from one of my SD locals (KPBS 15, Sesame Street), but playback resulted in a black screen. An RBR still left me with a black screen on that recording. Since it was unwatchable, I deleted the recording from the playlist.

The same thing happened today, same time, same show, same channel. Tuning to that channel is fine. I have an HR10 also set to record that show and it did so.

I did delete the series link and replaced it today. This never happened under any other release. Any thoughts? :confused:

2. DishDog

DishDog ke6cdn

Nov 10, 2006
    San Diego Area
    As a test try Component instead of HDMI.

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    If it does the same thing after you redo the timer, I'd give up and call DirecTV.

You might want to audit the HR10 recording and see if there were any significant drop-outs in the program.

4. carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan Icon

May 18, 2004
    Carlsbad, CA

That would be the thing to look at if I didn't see anything on my TV. This is just one channel though.

5. cruise350

cruise350 Legend

Dec 24, 2006
    Turn native off if you are using that mode, some TVs won't support 480i through the hdmi or component hookups and that could of caused your problem.

6. carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan Icon

May 18, 2004
    Carlsbad, CA
    Nope, not using native. I've been recording that show ever since I had my HR20, so it's not a "native" mode thing. Didn't start black screening until this week and it's only on that channel.

7. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    Look at your system info and make sure both tuners are receiving signal.

8. carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan Icon

May 18, 2004
    Carlsbad, CA
    Yep, they are.

Update: Today's recording was fine, no black screen. Only thing I did was delete the series link and make it a manual recording.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.