1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Superbowl commercial

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Chris Blount, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Feb 6, 2006 #1 of 25
    Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Now that this year's Superbowl is history, what was your favorite commercial?

Mine was the one with the guys on the roof tops BBQ'ing and drinking beer. One of the guys falls through his roof.

Another favorite for the women in my house was the Bud Clydesdales pushing the cart for the younger horse. I have to admit, it was one of the best.

I heard on the radio this morning that the "Magic Fridge" commercial was the overall favorite.

2. Feb 6, 2006 #2 of 25
    Doug Higley

Doug Higley Legend

Dec 31, 2005
    1. Fed-Ex Cavemen/Dinosaurs

2. Clydesdale Colt

3. The Late Hit

4. Full Throttle (Final part of a multi part ad)

3. Feb 6, 2006 #3 of 25
    Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I'll go for the 13th edit of the GoDaddy.com spot -- without a doubt, the most compelling, suspenseful and gratifying tv ad in HD I have ever seen. :sure:

Speaking of HD, be sure to take part in the Superbowl "Ho-Hum" HD poll HERE.

4. Feb 6, 2006 #4 of 25
    Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    Well, I was actually pretty underwhelmed with most of the commercials (that I saw, probably only caught about half of them :eek:) this year, but I kinda liked the one with the stadium full of spectators with the cards that show a bottle on one side and the beer glass on the other. Yes, I know it was CGI, but it was still cool!

I know this isn't what you asked, but two of my all-time favorites are Terry Tate Office Linebacker (You know you need a cover sheet...! Hey, Janice! :grin: ), and the one with Cedric the Entertainer, where he's dancing around the kitchen with the Bud Light and it spews all over his girlfriend's hair! Those two still crack me up!! !rolling

Sorry, but if a commercial doesn't leave me ROTFLMAO, or saying "COOOLLL!!", then I'm just not impressed with its attempt to sell me something. :)

But that's just me! :grin:

5. Feb 6, 2006 #5 of 25
    Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    My favorite where the Ameriquest commercials... "Don't Judge To Quickly"

I've loved that campaign since it was premiered last year.

6. Feb 6, 2006 #6 of 25
    durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    I thought the commercials were generally weak this year, too. Probably my top 3 were:

1. Don't Judge Too Quickly. (The airplane one was pretty hilarious.)

2. Cell Phone with Theft Deterrant.

3. Whopperettes. Why? Because it was so stinkin' ODD. I liked it when they did a "pile-up" on the bun. I couldn't help but think about how proud those actresses would be to have it on their resume that they were a piece of lettuce.

7. Feb 6, 2006 #7 of 25
    Bobby94928

Bobby94928 Hall Of Fame

May 12, 2003
    I liked the Clydesdales playing football and the field being "streaked" by a shorn sheep.

8. Feb 6, 2006 #8 of 25
    djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Fed Ex's Caveman/Dinosaurs.

Ameriquest's "Don't Judge Too Quickly"

Most of the Budweiser ads.

[in that order]

The one I hated the msot was that "Whopperettes" one - that was *painful* to watch. Partly because it was so LOOOOONG.. Maybe it just seemed that way.

9. Feb 6, 2006 #9 of 25
    FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
  10. Maniacal1

Maniacal1 Godfather/Supporter

Apr 9, 2002
    The Clydesdale colt was my favorite by far.

And, please, if you have a consummable product to promote, don't use the phrase "brown and bubbly" to do it.

11. neljtorres

neljtorres Godfather

Jul 15, 2004
    :lol: The Clydesdales playing football and the sheep was one of the best ones

12. Mavrick

Mavrick Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    The Magic Fridge was my favorite

13. Ken Howe

Ken Howe Legend

Aug 9, 2005
    1. nextell phone theft deterant hehe.
    2. FedEx Caveman
    3. streaking sheep

14. stonecold

stonecold Banned User

Feb 20, 2004
    In no order

Macgyver Master Card
    Cyldesdale colt
    Motorolla Razor - guy throwing paper back at paper boy.
    Ameriquest
    Nextell

15. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    My least favorite commercial was the one showing the officiating crew getting new glasses. OK, so in reality it was the Bud commercial with the little colt pulling the wagon. I thought that was pretty cool.

John

16. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    Here's something I saw today..

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/front.htm

Scroll about halfway down. There's a block on the right that says: USA TODAY's 18th annual Ad Meter. Under that, there's a link that says: View all the ads and rate them yourself. (Sorry, but that link doesn't work right by itself. Have to go from the main Super Bowl page, the link I posted.)

I like the Leonard Nimoy one! :D (Didn't see that one last night..)

17. sorahl

sorahl Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Oct 24, 2002
    This had me rofl!

my second favorite was the streaker clydesdale one

my third (and sentimental) favorite was the little pony pulling the carriage with the older clydes pushing behind :)

18. Ray_Clum

Ray_Clum Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    I liked the FedEx and the Magic Fridge. However, due to some noxious substance spewing out of both orifices (orifii ?) of my body ( :barf: !pushit! ), I only saw the first quarter and slept for about 13 hours until about 8am Monday morning.

19. arundc

arundc AllStar

Jan 13, 2006
    I think the best ads were:
    1) Magic Fridge (by far!)
    2) Sheep streaking...
    3) FedEx Cavemen
    4) Office beer/hide and seek (funny)
    5) Sprint anti-theft detterent

I think the Ameriquest ad was a bit spooky for kids....didn't mind it personally.

20. ecary23

ecary23 New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    1. Beer in the walls, hide and seek
    2. Espn mobile,cool i love sports
    3. Magic Fridge