1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorites List Suggestion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by klwillis, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klwillis

klwillis Legend

Apr 11, 2006
    I have a suggestion for the Favorites list.
    Enable a Toggle option to restrict recordings to channels in the Active Favorites list. For both DirecTV DVRs.
    I know this has been suggested before I am just repeating to keep it in the air.

2. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    This is something that many have requested. The "Channels I Receive" requests are usually the biggest area in which which this is being requested and is related to this topic.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    I would rather see the "Channels I Receive" feature get fixed.

4. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    +1

5. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    [moderation] Thread moved to HR20 Q&A[/moderation]

While no one is suggesting they are, I would to be clear that, IMHO, these are not mutually exclusive. CIR must be fixed as it is the foundation for an advanced DVR experience (autorecord, search, etc.)

At the same time a Favorites filter is such a basic filter that it too really needs to be in any DVR these days.

(and to truly excel, some boolean logic on multiple filters is the next step.)

Cheers,
    Tom

6. Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Oct 8, 2006
    +1

Channel I Receive will only address some of the problems. They need to do the full solution. Here is a simple way we worked out:

A Simple Channels I Receive Solution

It is the solution that Dish, and every other major DVR receiver competitor uses. My Sony SAT-T60 had the perfect solution in 2001.

- Craig

7. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    +2

And, I would love to be able to put characters into the search box... many shows start with or include a character, not just a letter in their names, and right now you can't easily search on those... as an example -- 'Til Death, with Brad Garrett.

8. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I have a suggestion related to the Favorites list: Make the selection of a Favorites list in the menu IMMEDIATELY close the menu and activate that new favorites list.

It's silly that right now if you go to the menu and change to a different Fav list, you have to then press menu or exit to close the menu and see the results of changing to a different Fav list.

Instead, when you select a different Fav in the menu, just close the menu automatically, following the same behavior in Playlist when the user chooses a different "List By ... " method.

9. bc3tech

bc3tech AllStar

Jan 3, 2007
    how about being able to enter into the search box using the remote like a cell phone keypad... dish did this and the first time I tried searching w/ DirecTV i nearly shot myself.

10. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.