1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FCC's Martin ponders indecency on pay TV, radio

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Richard King, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    I like it. This could very well lead to a back door way of ala carte programming. This could also lead to channels being dropped totally if enough customers cancel them. I would hope that MTV would be one of the first to go.

2. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    So because you don't like MTV, you don't want anyone else to watch it, either?

3. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    What an interesting idea, a kind of Bizarro anti-a-la-carte. Viewers pay for the package, but get a cost-of-programming rebate for what they turn off.

I guess all those ESPN-bashers could get $2/month off their bill. I'd turn off Lifetime for my 15 cents or whatever. I suppose if we turned off a shopping channel, our bill would go up by 25 cents. ;)

4. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Actually, I could care less if people want to waste their time watching that garbage, but I suspect that if the option were given that MTV would be one of the most demanded for shut off and refunds. If enough do this, which I wouldn't be surprised, it could lead to the demise, or at least a radical change in the programming "quality" of MTV. :D

5. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    I personally do not care for MTV, or many other channels that are in my package. Perhaps if I could drop all the religious channels and enough people did likewise, they'd cease to exist too. ;)

Sure, I'd like to be able to drop some unwatched channels *IF* it saved me some money. But more than likely, a-la-carte programming would result in higher costs for everyone.