FEATURE REQUEST: IR Remote (or complete codes for download)

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Jim Kosinsky, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Jim Kosinsky

Jim Kosinsky AllStar

Jul 20, 2003
    I'm quite surprised this was not a 'given'..supporting IR should be a basic feature IMO. There are so many Pronto (and other) users that are not going to be happy with this lack of support.

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Hey Jim,

I'm working on this for Pronto users. A couple of weeks from now, I'll have a complete set of IR codes posted for Pronto users for remote addresses 1-16.

3. Jim Kosinsky

Jim Kosinsky AllStar

Jul 20, 2003
    Mark,

Very cool..your work with this is going to be very appreciated--its just a shame that it has to be your work and not Dish's.

4. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Jim, I'm viewing this as a team effort. I'm here to support you, the internet community users as much as I possibly can with the tools and knowledge that I have.

5. WadeSc

WadeSc Cool Member

Dec 16, 2003
    This lack of IR support is a major inconvenience for the many people who use universal IR remotes. Maybe a 721 remote could be included in the 921 package for a quick remedy to this problem.

6. BarryO

BarryO Legend

Dec 16, 2003
  7. srrobinson2

srrobinson2 Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 16, 2003
    Does anyone else out there have the AV3000? If so, has anyone figured out how to make it work with the 921?

8. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Whoops...split out the wrong post from this thread.

Bytre had posted: As an MX-500 user, I don't have the option of downloading codes, so some Dish provided solution is requested on my part.

Sorry bout that!

9. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    srrobinson2 - ask your question in Dish DVR forum please. It belongs there, rather than in this thread.

10. Anthony Falcone

Anthony Falcone AllStar

Dec 19, 2003
    Not just IR but support for discrete codes would be nice. This makes setting-up a universal remote MUCH easier.

11. srrobinson2

srrobinson2 Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 16, 2003
    Why don't the other questions about universal remote interaction with the 921 also belong there? I guess I thought 921 relevant issues were okay for this thread. I will re-post in the other forum, however.

12. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    I asked you to post in the other forum because you'll have a better shot at getting an answer, in my opinion, than you will have here. If I had the sony remote, I'd give you an answer, but I don't.