1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FEATURE REQUEST: Move or Shrink FF / Reverse Banner

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by alexbgr, Feb 13, 2004.

1. alexbgr

alexbgr Cool Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Having a time reference in the fast forward / fast reverse banner is a big improvement over the 5xx series but the HUGE banner always blocks the bottom of the screen. This is a pain when trying to catch or review a news scroll or sports score. It would be great to have the option to move this, make it smaller, have it fade away or make it transparent.

2. wcswett

wcswett Godfather

Jan 7, 2003
    I second the motion!

--- WCS

3. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    Me three!

4. mcowher

mcowher Mentor

Jan 27, 2003
    Make it 4...

5. alipka

alipka AllStar

Dec 11, 2003
    Absolutely.

6. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    Does anyone else have the problem where the green portion of the bar which indicates the current location within the recording disappears when one pauses? It's there when fast forwarding or rewinding, but not there when the bar is paused. This is what happens on my 921, and it doesn't seem to make any sense.

7. guruka

guruka Troublemaker/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 27, 2003
    No, it's there if I pause the video. But if I pause and then hit jump back or jump forward it disappears and the pause indicator adds a little arrow pointing forward or back.

.....G

8. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    I would also like to see this feature. I think the bar is a bit bigger than it needs to be. Dish made it function to where the bar will disappear when you push skip ahead or skip back while in pause mode because the bar is not needed at that time for any reason. This is the frame advance functionality.

9. Apr 9, 2004 #9 of 12
    Cheezmo

Cheezmo Legend

Feb 5, 2004
    Yes, I see this.

If you are watching a recorded program and press pause, the green part of the progress bar is not filled in. As soon as you step forward or back or start rewind/ff, it fills in. If you then play and pause again, you can see it there for a fraction of a second but then it clears out.

10. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    Good; then it's not just me. As you noted, this is still a problem in L149, so I would like to see this get on the current bug list. It's something of an irritant to have the banner fill the entire bottom of the screen, but not convey any information!

If it would help, I can post a screen shot or two as well, but I think this one is pretty easy to reproduce.

11. Cheezmo

Cheezmo Legend

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm going to post it as a bug thread, just in case it doesn't get noticed buried in a Feature Request.

12. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    They should at least have a choice at what size you want the DVR graphics from a menu.