FEATURE REQUEST: QAM Support for Lifeline

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by scottchez, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottchez

scottchez Icon

Feb 4, 2003
    On the back if the box it says Ant/Cable. Does that mean it can do Cable QAM? If not REQ: plz add it in the future.

Here in Omaha the ABC TV Tower fell down last summer.

They have a temp on up on the CBS tower but it only has Standard Def.

The only we to get the ABC Hif Def right is on the Cox Cable "life line" low prices package.

ABC HDTV is only on Cox cable right now. Channel 7 said the HDTV will not be up till next October 04

2. BenoitB

BenoitB New Member

Dec 17, 2003
    I second that.

I can't get my locals through OTA. It just doesn't get through the mountains. Now I'm happy to stay with dish and get my HD locals through cable, but I'm not willing to buy 2 expensives HDTV recorders (dish + eventual cable).

So in fact, the lack of this feature might eventually make me switch entirely to cable.

The risk isn't very high since it wouldn't be able to decode any premium content anyway...

3. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Guys, I'll go ahead and leave this here, but I'm going to lock it so no more posts are made to this thread.

I can almost guarantee you that QAM will never be supported on the 921. I don't believe the chipset will support it. I'll ask the question and post the answer, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.