1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feature request

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by denmarks, Apr 9, 2012.

1. denmarks

denmarks New Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Since the DVR is buffering up to one hour of a program there should be an option to start a permanent recording during that time and include from the beginning of the show if available.

2. d_cubed

d_cubed New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Milwaukee,WI
    They should be able to fix that with ease since it is incorporated in their DTVPAL DVR's of which I am using two of those next to my 722k. It's really confusing as to which unit I'm trying to record a full program on when very similar units work so differently.

3. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    That option is already available.

4. denmarks

denmarks New Member

Apr 3, 2012
    When you click record the box with "record remainder of event" comes up. I just notices that under "options" there is a check box for "record entire event".

The manual indicates "Record the Entire Event—The receiver stops recording at the end of the event. This selection is available only if the receiver was tuned to the channel at the beginning of the program.

Has anyone actually tried this option and will it actually go back and save the entire show.

5. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    What works for me. I just fast reverse at 300x to the start of the buffer and hit record.

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Different teams in different countries - that PALDVR made in UK.

7. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    I've done it successfully using denmarks' or tboneit's methods. tboneit's method works when you don't have the beginning of the show in the buffer. If you have the beginning of the show in the buffer, then use denmarks' method.