Finally - more than two channels!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - AM21 Discussion (private)' started by sbl, Feb 24, 2008.

1. sbl

sbl Icon DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2007
    I've felt bad about not being able to give the AM21 a workout so far because I didn't have access to my rooftop antenna and relied instead on an amplified set of rabbit ears that got me a whopping two channels.

But today I installed a SWM-8 which in turn freed one of my lines into the house so I could hook up the antenna again. (It's an amplified antenna (Antennas Direct "Lacrosse") which means I can't diplex it.) Now I get bunches and bunches of channels, and almost all of them come in perfectly on the AM21, better than the HR10 (I never tried the HR20.) I was especially happy to see all of the digital channels from the two Boston PBS stations (2 and 44), though apparently the signal from the NH PBS station is too weak based on the directionality of the antenna.

2. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    And they say that OTA is overrated... ;)

Going back to my first HR10-250 and a real antenna in the attic, all I can say is that OTA is just as valuable as my satellite feeds.

3. MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Yes OTA is valuable! I had it installed with my first h10 ( I think that's the model) My locals we only available in HD that way. It was awesome then. My locals are available now in HD through D*, but it's nice to have the OTA available too. I know why its sooooo important to alot of people. D* will have a hit with the AM21 when it becomes available!

D-