1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fios DVR Recording ?

Discussion in 'Cable TV Discussion' started by sportman13, Jul 10, 2013.

1. sportman13

sportman13 Banned User

Mar 1, 2005
    I Record a soap on my local channel at 2pm and at 7pm east time the same episode on soapnet on first run only
    seting are correct it dose not record 7pm on soapnet it said Error I had the same set up when soapnet had same show soap at 4am it worked when the show went to 7pm it did not work all were first run only could you tell me a fix please

2. Curtis0620

Curtis0620 Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Do you have FIOS or DIRECTV?

3. sportman13

sportman13 Banned User

Mar 1, 2005
    Curtis0620 Both FIOS and Direct tv asking FIOS Question
    I Record a soap on my local channel at 2pm and at 7pm east time the same episode on soapnet on first run only
    seting are correct it dose not record 7pm on soapnet it said Error I had the same set up when soapnet had same show soap at 4am it worked when the show went to 7pm it did not work all were first run only could you tell me a fix please

4. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Why do you want to record the same episode twice? I would think one or the other recording would suffice.

5. sportman13

sportman13 Banned User

Mar 1, 2005
    billsharpe
    I record the same episode twice my local ABC Channel interupt GH alot

6. Curtis0620

Curtis0620 Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Why would you want the same episode twice?

7. sportman13

sportman13 Banned User

Mar 1, 2005
    Curtis0620
    I record the same episode twice my local ABC Channel interupt GH alot

Record a soap on my local channel at 2pm and at 7pm east time the same episode on soapnet on first run only

8. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Have you tried recording just the soapnet program rather than both?

9. sportman13

sportman13 Banned User

Mar 1, 2005
    billsharpe
    Have you tried recording just the soapnet program rather than both need backup local in hd soapnet not

I had the same set up when soapnet had same show soap at 4am new it worked in first run only it went to GH Classics at 4 am when the show went to 7pm new it did not work all in first run only could not remember what I did to get it to work could you tell me a fix please

10. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    You could try setting a manual recording for the Soapnet channel every day at 7 pm. Then you will get whatever is on the channel at that time, whether it's considered a new or repeat recording, but you won't get any other Soapnet showings of that soap opera.

11. sportman13

sportman13 Banned User

Mar 1, 2005
    If I set manual recording for the Soapnet channel every day at 7 pm. will I get GH at 7 pm only could it set automaticlly go on for 7 pm ?

12. Curtis0620

Curtis0620 Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    What?

13. sportman13

sportman13 Banned User

Mar 1, 2005
    Curtis0620 what is this manual recording
    You could try setting a manual recording for the Soapnet channel every day at 7 pm. Then you will get whatever is on the channel at that time, whether it's considered a new or repeat recording, but you won't get any other Soapnet showings of that soap opera.

14. Curtis0620

Curtis0620 Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    You can select a Channel, Time, and duration to record, similar to a VCR.

So you could select SoapNet, 7pm, 1hr.

15. sportman13

sportman13 Banned User

Mar 1, 2005
    Curtis0620 do you have FIOS could you tell on the GUIDE if it says new for gh Soapnet or if you browes on FIOS it says new ?

You can select a Channel, Time, and duration to record, similar to a VCR.

So you could select SoapNet, 7pm, 1hr. ?

16. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Like everyone else has mentioned, a manual recording gets whatever is on the selected channel at the selected time. If it turns out not to be a new episode just delete it. :eek2:

I'd suggest you stop asking questions here and actually try the suggestion offered. :righton:

1 person likes this.
  17. sportman13

sportman13 Banned User

Mar 1, 2005
    Curtis0620 do you have FIOS If you do try this please on the GUIDE could you tell on soapnet GH at 7 pm says new when I type in search on FIOS it says new ?

18. sportman13

sportman13 Banned User

Mar 1, 2005
    billsharpe
    do you have FIOS If you do try this please on the GUIDE could you tell on soapnet GH at 7 pm says new when I type in search on FIOS it says new ?

19. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Yes I have FiOS. I don't ever watch Soapnet. Your DVR seems to be smart enough to figure out that if you are recording a new episode of GH on one channel during the day it should not record GH on another channel later on, whether or not the listing is declared as new.

If you want to experiment, don't record the daytime show and record only the Soapnet episode to see if your error message goes away.

By the way, have you even tried the manual recording on Soapnet as suggested? :grin:

20. sportman13

sportman13 Banned User

Mar 1, 2005
    billsharpe as I said experiment, did not record the daytime show and record only the Soapnet episode to see if your error message goes away it did not it was New could you please do a search type in GH see at 7pm if it is New get back to me please