First Look Feedback

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - SWMLine Discussion (private)' started by Tom Robertson, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    To quote the VIP who reviewed the most recent First Look draft:
    Very high praise, indeed!

Good job to the WHOLE team who worked on the project.

Tom

2. MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    When does it come out. Now that they said post it. With the other guys having one out. It will be nice for them to see one that is correct when it is posted!

3. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Can't wait to see it. :D

4. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    It looks great. Good job, Smiddy!

5. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Fantastic Job!

6. lmuehl

lmuehl Legend

Dec 18, 2007
    Great Work Smiddy!!!

7. jcrandall

jcrandall Godfather

Jun 18, 2004
    This is not an attack, just feedback, so please take it as feedback, much like I took the MANY comments from others this week:

I like the technical details on the channel assignment, this first-look was the first I saw anything discussing how it really works - very nice.

The pictures of the back of the receivers was very good - especially for new users that may use it for reference up the road.

The splitter section seemed odd, every splitter rated to 2300mhz worked, and the only splitter listed that failed was only rated to 1000mhz, and should be expected to fail.

Nice job on the pictures. There was no picture of the Eagle Aspen SWM lnb, did DirecTV decide to go only with WNC, or just no picture?

Very professional document - as always.

8. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    Sir, no sweat, criticism is part of the job if you intend to put your butt out there for someone to spank it. (Mods, I understand if you want to retract this, I'm not as PC as I certainly could be). :)

I think your assessment hit home on a couple of things I may have done differently, mainly the splitters. Originally the whole writeup was significantly longer and perhaps the flow of that writeup change dramatically due to some edits that were necessary. So I appreciate your input there and it does make a lot of sense.

I also like you assessment on the Eagle Aspen, I didn't do a close up of mine, which is an Eagle Aspen, instead I opted for other's photos to get a group document together, rather than do it entirely on my own, which I didn't see/find any photos of the Eagle Aspen. :(

Personally I think it is the group effort the made this such a fun and exciting affair to me. Without the dedication of so many folks this never could have happened. Kewl stuff in my book!

9. jwd45244

jwd45244 Hall Of Fame

Aug 18, 2006
    smiddy:

Splittters?

The NAS SWS line PASS
    The Holland Electronics STS Line PASS

10. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Hmmmm, so Tom forwards the VIP's "You may post it".

Is that not permission for Smiddy to post it in the CE thread or does a mod have to do it?

11. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    It's posted -- has been up for awhile in the General forum

12. SAlBO

SAlBO Icon

Jan 6, 2007
    Great job Smiddy !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.