First look is published

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - Coax Networking (private)' started by hdtvfan0001, Aug 25, 2009.

1. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    We are now public and published!

Please note that we made sure all testers were listed on the final credits page. Thank you to everyone for their testing, input, feedback, and overall assistance.

On a personal note - thanks to Dave29, Spanky, and Stuart for their great participation in the contruction of this First Look.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=163641

2. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Save the Clock Tower!!

Aug 21, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    While I look forward to more testing once MRV is back in CE, I must say that this product integrated seamlessly for me. I can't recall a single problem, orange light, or other error that wasn't also happening to non-DECA equipped setups. The biggest problem was upon install when I forgot which one of a dual coax line was connected to the PI.

Kudos to DIRECTV's development team!

3. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Folk, yes the First Look is published. Don't expect the devices to be on the store shelves anytime soon. I'll just say that this First Look is like no other we've done before ..

Thanks to all who contributed.

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Is it reasonable to expect this private forum to remain active for awhile? It seems there is still a lot of testing/work to do with regard to DECA.

5. DJPellegrino

DJPellegrino Godfather

Nov 17, 2005
    Doug,
    Since the 1st look was published, can we update our sigs to indicate the DECA hardware?

6. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    I would think so, as its now "public" information, and being discussed in numerous threads...

7. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    I would also hope so! :) Because I personally didn't get too much time to test during the summer and also we had a lot of times in the CE cycle where MRV was put on the back burner.

Also, thanks to you all.

8. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    Agreed.

Also, we may still be asked to do some further testing with DECA.

After all, the MRV testing has been on again, off again, on again, off again....:D