1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First No. 1 Seed Out

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Ray_Clum, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Ray_Clum

Ray_Clum Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Guess the Selection Committee really missed the pick on Louisville as a No. 4...

GO CARDS!!!!!

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I had no problems with Washington being a #1 seed, given their regular season record and winning their conference tournament... and FYI, I am in ACC country!

But... I thought Louisville was genuinely underrated at a #4 seed, with their record.

A lot of folks point to the kid who missed 2 out of 3 free throws against Louisville, that could have put Memphis as the tourney champ for their conference and into the NCAAs... BUT if we play that game, then we have to start counting all the missed free throws in other 1-3 pt close games as "almost losses" for a lot of other teams too... point being, Louisville almost lost and probably should have lost... but they didn't... so they earned better than a #4 seed with their regular season.

I hated Wake Forest losing to West Virginia... but until tonight with the Arizona/OK St game... that game was one of the best start-to-finish games I watched so far. Though I did enjoy the NC St vs UConn game too as an ACCer.

I've blown just about every other region... but I actually have Louisville going into the final game... so while I'm rooting for ACC teams as long as they remain, I can still get at least half the title game right if Louisville keeps mashing teams.

3. sikma

sikma Godfather

Dec 11, 2003
    Washington came from a weak conference anyway...shouldn't have been a #1 seed in the first place. GO BADGERS!!!

4. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    I admit that I'm biased because I'm a fan of the Dawgs (my alma mattar), but they are a lot better team than they looked last night. Plus I thought Louisville played a pretty strong game. I was sad to see Duke bite the bullet as well.

5. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    After the Arizona game the other night there is no stopping the Illini. Go Illini Go!!!

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I would have said that too... except I also watched the Louisville game... I think it will be VERY interesting to see both Louisville and Illinois after both essentially came back from the dead to win... Illinois was more dramatic since their comeback happened in about the final 4 minutes of the game... but both teams should be very high coming into next Saturday's game.