1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First real issue with hopper

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by Mr.72, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Mr.72

Mr.72 Icon

Feb 2, 2007
    I set up a timer for "Spurs" to record Spurs basketball games (90% of what I watch on TV). The first annoyance is that it elected to record duplicate SD and HD of the same exact program at the same time, consuming 2 tuners in the process. But I couldn't fix it while I was watching because the game was in progress and it'd cancel recording both of them.

Of course the second annoyance, coming from DirecTV for 3 years, is the PQ is horrible on the HD basketball games. I had a huge amount of buyer's remorse once I discovered that.

So I just watched half of the HD version of the game last night.

Then when I got up this morning to watch the rest, the "DVR" screen shows that there are "2" Spurs shows available. But when I select that, only one is listed. And the only one that's there is the SD.

Where is the 2nd recording? The one I already watched half of? The HD one?

BTW I can see both recordings when I log in using DIsh Anywhere. Watching the game now on my tablet.

Help!

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Press the red button to reboot the system and see if that will help it find the second recording. The receiver is a computer ... sometimes they need a swift kick to wake them up.

3. Mr.72

Mr.72 Icon

Feb 2, 2007

Red button on the receiver (not remote), right?

I have heard of recordings being deleted when you do this... any chance of that?

Man, only two days old and already having more problems than I ever had with the DTV HR24. Well, the features are super cool, in theory! :)

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The first couple of days can be rough. Not good for "first impressions" but it gets better.

5. Mr.72

Mr.72 Icon

Feb 2, 2007
    That's good to know. the red button reset didn't help, BTW. I just watched the game on my tablet.

After the reset it says there's no scheduled recordings. I seem to recall with my 622 it would often not have something on the schedule but it would actually record it. I guess we'll see :)

6. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    I don't understand why you couldn't stop the SD recording. Go to that tuner and press stop and it should stop that one being its using a seperate tuner for it.

7. Mr.72

Mr.72 Icon

Feb 2, 2007
    What I meant is I couldn't delete the timer while it was recording, since one timer was recording both shows.