First run/Repeats....

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by thumperyz69, Jan 13, 2009.

1. thumperyz69

thumperyz69 Mentor

Feb 12, 2005
    I have never had this problem because I was the only person using the DVR. Now my daughter is using this one also.

Say I have 3 first run programs on at the same time and there is a conflict. If I change the last one in the priority list to record "Both" shouldn't it pick the repeat that is on later in the night???

I am sure there is a FAQ on what if scenarios but I couldn't find anything.

T

2. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    If a show has multiple airings, I'm pretty sure that even if you leave it as first run that it will grab the first available subsequent airing if the earliest get's bumped because of prioritizer conflicts.

I know I've run into this before, just can't recall if I had the recording set as "1st run only" or "both"

3. GlassWolf

GlassWolf Cool Member

Jan 10, 2009
    yes if the show is on more than once, the prioritizer will pick up the later broadcast of the lowest priority show. that's why I always put my shows on TNT, USA, and so on below those on the network channels like NBC and ABC.

The problem is the HR2x doesn't update that scheduler in real time so if you change the recording priority at the last minute, the DVR may not reschedule the later showing fast enough and you might miss it.
    I always check with the guide or To Do list just to be sure.

4. thumperyz69

thumperyz69 Mentor

Feb 12, 2005
    Yeah.. I agree I thought it would act like that but I give it a bit but nothing ever gets added to the todolist.....

There has to be a thread talking about this

5. DogLover

DogLover Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    I have see it not add the next showing until it has actually missed the first one. It's scary, but mine has always recorded a future showing in these cases.