Flashpoint Not Recorded?

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Supramom2000, May 21, 2011.

1. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    My history says that the recording criteria were not met. I have no idea what that means, unless it was showing as a rerun since I have only first run set to record. Did anyone else run into this? Or have an idea what went wrong?

2. Barcthespark

Barcthespark Godfather

Dec 16, 2007
    Same here and we were NOT happy!

I also saw that the shows ratings this week dropped 31%. I wonder if D* not recording for those who had it scheduled had an effect on the ratings?

3. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Mine didn't record either and I had "both" selected as option. But I got home with 5 minutes left in the show and the Dvr was on the channel already so I was able to record the entire show.

4. Barcthespark

Barcthespark Godfather

Dec 16, 2007
    trh, that was good timing! I'll have to watch it online.

5. astrohip

astrohip Cool Member

Mar 4, 2007
    There are some issues with the OAD (original air date). For some reason, they are using the dates each episode originally aired in Canada, rather than show them as new (which they are to us).

I had to manually adjust my SP to get it to record.

6. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Did not record here either.

7. RobertE

RobertE Active Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Was it a new episode? The only upcoming ones I'm currently showing are from last season.

8. Barcthespark

Barcthespark Godfather

Dec 16, 2007
    It was a new episode in the US. But trh said he had his DVR set for "both" and it still did not record.

9. pfueri

pfueri Godfather

Jan 22, 2007
    The same thing happened to me . Was it a rerun or not ? All during the week CBS showed it was to be a new one . Did CBS change it to a rerun or did the dvr screw up and not record it like it should have ?

10. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Also, I've never watched or recorded the show before so I have no history on my DVR. I just saw the promo's for it this week and thought I'd give it a try. The episode for this Friday is listed on my "to do" list.

11. BosFan

BosFan Legend

Sep 28, 2009
    Altoona, WI
    Huh, I looked after I saw this thread and sure enough not there, weird. Hadn't any issues up to this point.

12. SkersR1

SkersR1 Legend

Jul 10, 2007
    I noticed before it aired, that my to do list didn't list it, so I added it back in. It was definately a new episode.

13. seern

seern Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    Well this 'bug' got me Friday night also. To add to the frustration, I checked my to do list and it was not going to record next Friday either. I forced it but will watch that list more closely. The problem seems to be them using the 2010 original date from Canada. May have to set these up as manual recording to get them in.

14. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    So I think it must have been a rerun. Tonight's episode is a rerun as well. I really don't understand as this show was aired already in Canada, so there should be many episodes available to us as first runs. Why would they already be showing reruns the 3rd week it is back for the season?

15. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    This week (5/27) is a rerun. I just finished watching my recording of last week's (5/20) episode "No Promises" which is available to stream on CBS.com here.