1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FNC in HD ... Disappeared !!!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Janice805, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Janice805

Janice805 Legend

Nov 26, 2005
    Before I call Direct TV, I thought I'd see if anyone else has/had this problem or knows what's going on.

For a couple of days my FOX NEWS CHANNEL (FNC 360) in HD has disappeared from my guide, even the ALL CHANNELS or CHANNELS I GET. It's just not there as a choice. Only the SD version. Even if I go to EDIT it's not there as a choice. The only way I'm getting it is that it's programmed into my Auto Tune and that's what I have to do to get FNC in HD.

Bizarre. Poltergeists? LOL
    Anyone else? I tired to post a picture but for some reason couldn't.

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Go to the DirecTv website and select refresh services on their troubleshooting page. If that doesnt work, reboot twice in a row, that will clear the guide and repopulate it.

3. Janice805

Janice805 Legend

Nov 26, 2005
    Thanks for the response. This morning I tried to reboot and that didn't correct the problem, then I went to the website and did a REFRESH and that didn't work, so I rebooted (again). Now, FNCHD is there. This happened once before earlier in the week and FNCHD reappeared, then disappeared again.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. By the way, on DTV's website finding TROUBLESHOOTING is "very" difficult, even in the search box. Then, when I finally found it, the REFRESH wasn't very easy to find. I was online quite a while.

Why don't they have an OBVIOUS link to TROUBLESHOOTING? Maybe some of you with influence can suggest that.

Again, thanks. I'm saving your instructions on my puter in case ....

4. Flugelman

Flugelman Legend

Nov 20, 2007
    Do what I did, create a "Favorites" link, i.e. "Bookmark" the link to the "Refresh" selection.

5. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    www.directv.com/resend - If anyone needs it.

6. Janice805

Janice805 Legend

Nov 26, 2005
    Great. I bookmarked it. Thanks all.