1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football Fever

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Rage, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    Do any of you have it yet? I sure do. It's going to suck because I'll lose the NY pre-season and regular season games.

I use to have one CFA game on locally, then another most of the time on ABC-E, then another on ABC-W so I could have a choice of three games without buying the package.

Sunday I would get the Giants and Jets and usually the best game on the west feeds along with the local game on TV.

UGH! Life is over. I'll be stuck watching whatever the local TV station wants to show and half the time the games suck that they show on the local station. They always show conf. crap and not the best games. GRRRRRRR!

I wonder if PSU will get a bowl game this year?

Alabama picked up a late game in Hawaii which is nice since they won't be going to a bowl.

Can Buffalo go from worst to first? I think this team will be good.

I hate the west-coast offense.

2. Rusty

Rusty Legend

Apr 25, 2002
    From your' post, I assume that you have Dish Network and not DirecTV. As you know, with DirecTV you could buy the NFL Sunday Ticket package and have access to every game that is played on Sunday afternoon. Any chance that you might switch to DirecTV?

3. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    Not in the near future.

4. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    All the Bledsoe hype is just that, hype. While I have nothing against the guy, I feels his glory days are over.

I cant wait until football season, I love watching all those games that are shown on Canada channels but not on the Buffalo stations. I hope Tennesse can pull something off this year. They sucked last year. The NFL, one of 2 sports I follow on a regular basis.

5. John Walsh

John Walsh Godfather/Supporter

Apr 22, 2002
    I live for Football (mainly college) and Nascar. I will be going to the Notre Dame vs Florida State game this year and I usually go to some Hurricane games and chear for the other team.

Looking forward to the Dolphins this year. I think that they should be more fun to watch and hopefully be more successful. Maybe they will even beat the Jets this year

6. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    I disagree, Steve. Drew lost his supporting cast and didn't have the talant to succeed the past few years. I think he'll be dangerous for Buffalo if they can give him time to pass.

7. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    Drew lost Curtis Martin and then Ben Coates so he lacked talant and Glenn only had one good year. Without Coates and a running game he was pretty easy to defend.

8. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm really looking forward to watching the Cleveland Browns this year, seems to me there on the right track now, I really like coach Butch Davis. :righton:

9. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I used to love the Pats secondary. Ty Law, Lawyer Malloy, Willie Clay and Steve Iseral. It seamed like those 4 were always making ints and running back for TDs. Drew Bledsoe will be better then Johnson, thats for sure, but I wonder how long Drew can last. If the wanna get anywhere the offensive line and special teams need a lot of work. But hey I aint complaining about the special teams, since they gave the Titans a trip to the Super Bowl :D, too bad they didnt win though :(

10. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    I think this will be the Radiers last run for awhile. They are getting old and signed three people which the youngest was 32. Woodson, the old Denver LB (Bill R) whose name I don't know how to spell, and the 32 year-old DL player from the Chargers.

I really like what Dallas is doing. They got a nice mix of young players and veterans. I think A. Bryant will be a steal in the 3rd round and I hear he's doing quite well so far.

11. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Dallas used to be my favorite team during their early '90s super bowl years. Used to love Emmit and Troy and TE Jay Novachek. Then in the mid 90's I got tired of the Cowboys and moved to Houston-Tennesse.

12. ekake2

ekake2 Cool Member

Apr 22, 2002