FOX Network cancels "King of the Hill"

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Steve615, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Nov 1, 2008 #1 of 29
    Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
  2. Nov 1, 2008 #2 of 29
    fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I believe this is the second time King of the Hill has been canceled. I remember reading something about this back in Season 9 only to have Fox reconsider their decision after operations had been disbanded and studio offices had been given to someone else.
    With 2009-2010 being the final season, maybe this will give McFarland enough time to come up with a great series wrap-up.

3. Nov 1, 2008 #3 of 29
    bdowell

bdowell Icon

Mar 4, 2003
    You're a bit confused on the McFarland stuff. McFarland isn't involved in King of the Hill.

4. Nov 1, 2008 #4 of 29
    Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    "McFarland" (actually McFarlane) is American Dad and Family Guy.

Mike Judge is King of the Hill.

5. Nov 2, 2008 #5 of 29
    fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Did I screw that up! It's Mike Judge! Had my mind somewhere else last night!

6. Nov 2, 2008 #6 of 29
    bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    Meh. I quit watching years ago. Should have canceled KotH and left Futurama on.

7. Nov 2, 2008 #7 of 29
    Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Bring back Futurama! (I know about the direct to dvd movies...but I want the TV show back!) Honestly, Futurama was awesome I have no idea why they canceled it :(

I never really liked King of the Hill.

8. Nov 2, 2008 #8 of 29
    Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    While Futurama may or may not have been everyone's cup of tea, the primary reason it never found an audience was because it was almost always pre-empted when FOX NFL 2nd games ran late on Sundays. I remember at one point Futurama had a full season worth of shows in the can that had not yet aired as a result of these "skip weeks" and so they actually shut down production of new shows before the show was officially cancelled back in the day.

The Sunday-just-after-NFL timeslot is notoriously nasty for games that run long... but where CBS seems to just delay things for the night and show in their entirety... FOX would often opt to skip a half-hour show like Futurama those nights to get back on schedule for the evening.

I loved Futurama but even I quit watching until I bought the season sets on DVD.

9. Nov 2, 2008 #9 of 29
    BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Futurama was fantastic, but Fox is well-known for destroying excellent shows with their horrible scheduling, among other things.

Most famous among these would be Firefly, which likely would have been as well known as Star Trek or Battlestar Galactica had it not been killed before the first season had finished airing (out of order, and with lots of missed air dates).

10. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    :( King Of The Hill is a great show, it doesn't have the humor involved in the other Fox animated shows, but tells a great story none the less. I think 2 years ago was supposed to be the final season, but Judge kept it going. I'll miss it.

11. BillyBob_jcv

BillyBob_jcv Legend

Feb 11, 2006
    Dang it! That's just not right, I'll tell you what...

12. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Rassa frassa talkin' 'bout cancel gimme wassa mumble

;)

13. xmguy

xmguy Active Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    I really enjoy King Of The Hill. I'll hate to see it go. It's alot better than most animated series of it's kind.

14. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    "That boy aint right I tell ya what...."

"Dont put on Dido, dont put on Dido."

This show was watched religiously. I'll miss Hank and the guys....

15. sacalait

sacalait Godfather

Aug 6, 2007
    West Palm...
    I love King of the Hill. I have oft been called Hank, as I spend many an afternoon standing in mine or my neighbor's driveway drinking beer with him and another buddy.

IMO, the show has always been funny in a dry sort of way. Not the laugh out loud way of Family Guy.

Even last night, the whole MYSPACE storyline was great.

I will miss the show.

16. jhollan2

jhollan2 Godfather

Aug 31, 2006
    Thats really bad news. I just started getting back into the show and really enjoy watching the repeats as well as the new shows. I cant stand american dad - they should cancel that show instead!

I also vote for the revival of futurama!

17. sacalait

sacalait Godfather

Aug 6, 2007
    West Palm...
    So I guess the replacement for King will be Cleveland. At least briefly, anyway. I watched Family Guy last night and caught the plug at the end about Cleveland getting a spinoff. I looked it up and saw that one episode was done and it was scheduled to premiere in Sept. '09.

Apparently he is going to be a deli owner.

18. alevine1986

alevine1986 Godfather

Jul 10, 2007
    I was wondering what that spin-off line in Sunday night's episode was about. I hope it's good because it'll be weird for Peter to lose one of his drinking buddies.

19. Sirshagg

Sirshagg Hall Of Fame

Dec 29, 2006
    Every time I read the title of this thread I see "Fox News"

20. Galley

Galley Legend

Apr 2, 2007
    It might move to ABC.