Fox Regional Sports being dropped by YouTube TV

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by gio12, Sep 29, 2020.

1. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    Miami, Fl
    Always seems like Sinclair is the issue again!!
    Hate to change providers.
    So what exactly do we lose?

Email:

Providing our members with 85+ channels requires contracts that are periodically renegotiated with content owners. Earlier this year, we negotiated an extension with Sinclair to continue carrying FOX Regional Sports Networks through the regular seasons for baseball, basketball, and hockey. Unfortunately, now the seasons are over and that extension is expiring.
    Starting Thursday, October 1, 2020, FOX Regional Sports Networks will no longer be available on YouTube TV, and you will no longer have access to any previous recordings from FOX Regional Sports Networks.
    This was a difficult decision made after months of negotiations. We hope that we can bring FOX RSNs back in the future. Thank you for your membership as we work to make YouTube TV the best streaming experience.
    Sincerely,
    The YouTube TV team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Cloud DVR anyone?

3. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    Miami, Fl
    Yep sucks. But DIRECTV or Att Now will cost me $183 to get a similar package. Double the price

4. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    How much longer until Sinclair has a product that no one can afford to purchase?

5. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    What channels are important to you? I have solutions available if you are willing to use 2 TV streaming services :D
    • AT&T TV Now Max ($80/mo) + Sling TV Blue ($30/mo) + Total TV Deal ($20/mo) = $130/mo
      • The ultimate combo for the ultimate live TV streamer from your two favorite satellite TV providers!
      • HBO Max and Cinemax Included w/AT&T TV Now Max!
      • Epix Drive-In Included with Sling TV Blue!
      • Local channels with AT&T TV Now
      • Get the AirTV2, connect an antenna and integrate your locals into Sling TV
      • Cloud DVR
        • 50 Hours / No expiry date for Sling TV Blue channels
        • 500 Hours / 90 Day expiry for AT&T TV Now channels
      • Get A&E Networks, AMC Networks & Discovery with Sling TV
      • Get Disney with AT&T TV Now
      • Crown Media, Fox, FX Networks, NBCUniversal and ViacomCBS with both!
      • Get your Sinclair owned RSNs with AT&T TV Now
      • Get your national sports channels including MLB Network, NBA TV, NHL Network, NFL Network & NFL RedZone with Sling TV!
      • Get your college sports with AT&T TV Now and the elusive Pac-12 Network with Sling TV!
      • Behold all the soccer glory of beIN Sports on Sling TV!
    • AT&T TV Now Max ($80/mo) + Philo ($20/mo) = $100/mo
      • Don't care for national pro sports just national, RSNs and college sports!
      • Fill in the gaps of AT&T TV Now Max with Philo!
    • Hulu Live TV ($55/mo) + Sling TV Blue ($30/mo) + Total TV Deal ($20/mo) = $105/mo
      • HBO Max & Cinemax not included but Hulu is!
      • If you don't mind not being able to fast forward through commercials during your recordings and have a 50 hour cloud DVR on Hulu channels this is your cheapest option for all sports.
    • Hulu Live TV ($55/mo) + Philo ($20/mo) = $75/mo
      • If you just want the RSNs and to fill in Hulu's channel gaps then this is your low expensive option.
    Until AT&T's contract expires (that's the last one I remember being reached) :confused:

6. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I bet they planned this. Most leagues won’t start back up till probably January and maybe February. So why pay for the stations when nothings on right now. Heck they may not start back up till March.

7. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    Ummm.... Did you have all the possible add-ons with YouTube TV? The Premier package on AT&T TV Now is $183/mo (which is the non-promo rate on AT&T TV). The non-promo rate for Premier on DirecTV is $197/mo for 1 Genie HD-DVR (each additional TV is $7/mo/mini)

The most equivalent package on AT&T's video services to YouTube TV would be Xtra. (Granted the regular price is still double but not that high.) This is the current pricing and new customer offers available.
    • AT&T TV Now Xtra
      • $124/mo + sales tax
      • No RSN
      • Cancel Anytime
      • 1 month free of HBO Max (new customers only)
      • Get Showtime today and get your first month on them (new customers only)
      • 3 concurrent streams included
      • 500 Cloud DVR / 90 Day Expiry
    • AT&T TV Xtra
      • 24 month contract required
      • 1 AT&T TV device included (can use other streaming devices)
      • Months 1-12 $74.99/mo
      • Months 13+ $124/mo
      • RSN Fee up to $8.49 applies
      • $100 Reward Card
      • HBO Max Included for 1 Year
      • 3 Months of Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, Epix Included
      • 3 concurrent streams included
      • 500 Cloud DVR / 90 Day Expiry
    • DirecTV Xtra
      • 24 month contract required
      • 1 Genie HD-DVR Included
      • Each additional TV is $7/mo/mini
      • Months 1-12 $79.99/mo
      • Months 13+ $131/mo
      • RSN Fee up to $9.99 applies
      • $100 Reward Card
      • HBO Max Included for 1 Year
      • 3 Months of Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, Epix Included
      • 2020 NFL Sunday Ticket Max Included

8. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    Comcast waited until the very last minute to reach a deal for Marquee Sports Network. COVID-19 hit at just the right time for Comcast to continue delaying negotiations until it was time for the shortened MLB season.

9. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    Miami, Fl
    Its hard to break down packages and say what important to me.

I had DIRECTV Premier before if I remember.

YouTube TV and Philo was how I started. Then YT added, Comedy, CMT, TV Land and Paramount, so I has good.
    Only channel I miss was History.

Hulu Live would work but I lose CMT and CC. Guess could add Philo back. I have Peacock for Paramount (Yellowstone.)

I only care about Fox Regional during Football Season.

ATT&T some packages would work under $100 but not ACC Network.

Trying to stay under $100. Not worth it for me and nice to have Red Zone with YTTV.

Tired of Sinclair.

I hope and sure they will work some out again. So We will see

10. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I would not expect to see Sinclair on any of the disputed systems until they have something worth showing.
    Extending the YouTube contract to the end of the seasons was probably a mistake on their part. RSNs without active sports are not RSNs.

"Something worth showing" could be the local Sinclair channels (for systems that carry them) or the next major sports season.

11. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    Miami, Fl
    Still have some CFB on those Fox RSNs

I WANT MORE likes this.
  12. TV_Guy

TV_Guy New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Hoping I get YES back on YTTV when Sinclair decides to price their RSNs within reason. I would imagine Sinclair is under financial pressure considering how many services have dropped their RSNs.

13. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    Ah okay I see. Yeah to equal YTTV in channel count you don't need Premier on any AT&T service. Xtra is the most comparable package on their services if you want all the channels in a single service.

Sounds like AT&T TV Now Max would fit most of your needs. If you did want something like History or AMC you could always get Philo in addition to AT&T TV Now Max for them.
    • AT&T TV Now Max ($80/mo)
      • Has ACC Network, Comedy Central, CMT, Paramount & TV Land.
      • Has Fox Sports RSNs & Local Channels
      • HBO Max and Cinemax Included
        • Includes linear HBO & Cinemax channels plus HBO on Demand & Cinemax On Demand from the AT&T TV app.
        • HBO Max may interest you because they have the exclusive streaming rights to some of the more recent Comedy Central shows like South Park (new episodes added 24 hours after their debut on Comedy Central) and Awkwafina is Nora From Queens.
        • Two of Comedy Central's scripted comedies (South Side and The Other Two) are moving to HBO Max as Max Originals in 2021. Those two shows won't have their second seasons on Comedy Central.
        • HBO Max will also be getting more of Comedy Central's back catalog on a non-exclusive basis in the future.
      • Other College Sports Channels: Big Ten Network, CBS Sports Network, ESPN U, SEC Network
      • National Sports Channels: ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, Golf Channel, NBC Sports Network, Olympic Channel, Tennis Channel
      • Other ViacomCBS Channels: BET, MTV, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., VH1
      • Disney (non-sports) Channels: Disney, Disney Jr., Disney XD, Freeform
        • Channels acquired from old Fox: FX, FXX, FXM, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild
      • NBCUniversal Channels: Bravo, CNBC, CNBC World, E!, Oxygen, Syfy, Universal Kids, USA
      • WarnerMedia Channels: Boomerang, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, CNN, HLN, TCM, TBS, TNT TruTV
      • Other Channels: Hallmark, Cheddar, AccuWeather, Revolt
    AT&T TV Now Max does not include any channels from A+E Networks (owners of History), AMC Networks and Discovery so if you want those channels you would have to add Philo for $20/mo more. That would put you right at $100/mo before tax.

While this is pushing your budget to the maximum (if you add on Philo to fill the gaps) you get a better overall Cloud DVR included with AT&T TV Now.
    • AT&T TV Now's Cloud DVR has 500 Hours of storage compared to Hulu + Live TV's base 50 Hours of storage
    • You can fast forward through commercials with AT&T TV Now's Cloud DVR. With Hulu + Live TV you need to upgrade to their Enhanced DVR add-on for this feature.
    • AT&T TV Now comes with 3 concurrent streams, Hulu + Live TV has 2 concurrent streams. To get unlimited streams in home on Hulu+Live TV you need to add their Unlimited Screens add-on.
    • You can get a bundle of Hulu's Enhanced DVR + Unlimited Screens for an additional $14.99/mo. If you just want say Enhanced DVR or Unlimited Screens only they are $9.99/mo/ea. The Enhanced DVR add-on increases your storage to 200 Hours (still 300 hours less than what AT&T TV Now is offering.)
    • If you get Hulu Live TV plus the Enhanced DVR + Unlimited Screens bundle add-on the cost is $69.98/mo (which is only $10.02 less than AT&T TV Now Max) if you add Philo to this it would be $89.98/mo.
      • So if you can afford the extra $10.02/mo your best value option would be AT&T TV Now Max ($80/mo) + Philo ($20) which puts you right at $100/mo. While this is pushing your budget it would give you access to the most content for the money and the better Cloud DVR.

gio12 likes this.
  14. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks. Will look again.
    Was soo happy to leave AT&T but...

15. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    With Dish FuboTV and YouTube TV that have access to Sinclair's locals but not the Sinclair RSNs I feel the next step Sinclair will take is to bundle the RSNs with the Locals. This is what Sinclair did to both Charter Spectrum & AT&T when their agreement for the local channels were ending.

AT&T already had a long term agreement for the Fox Sports RSNs in place under "Old Fox" but if AT&T didn't agree to Sinclair's demand of voiding that contract, bundling all their RSNs with the Local's agreement AT&T would have lost the more valuable locals.

I don't think Comcast had their Locals or RSNs come up for agreement they essentially delayed negotiations for Marquee until the Cubs actually had games.

So I think Sinclair is just biding their time until the contracts for their more valuable local channels come up for renewal on those services.

16. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    Miami, Fl
    Unless I am blind, no ACC network on Max[​IMG][​IMG]

17. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    Your welcome. I think there might be a lot of people that feel that way lol. However AT&T TV Now has become the king of RSNs there is no denying that. Dodger, Nuggets, Avalanche, Rapids & Mammoth fans have no choice in services right now. AT&T TV Now is the only "cord cutter" streaming service offering Spectrum SportsNet LA (Dodgers) and Altitude (for the rest). Altitude also has college games as well in their region.

18. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    On that first image they are using the abbreviation that would show up on a DirecTV receiver instead of the full channel name for some reason "ACCHD" that means ACC Network HD.

The full channel list isn't completely updated for the Plus & Max packages but if you look on the home page you see this (yellow circle added by me in MS Paint):

06ec4ece0027cc2c8cf8a712e9c690b4.png

I can also confirm AT&T TV Now Max does in fact have ACC Network because when I got a beta Osprey box off eBay earlier this year to test out (before the national launch of AT&T TV) I used AT&T TV Now's Max package to test it out and I had the ACC Network in addition to Fox Sports Ohio, Fox Sports Cincinnati and SportsTime Ohio (the first two in full HD mind you!)

gio12 likes this.
  19. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    Also I now see why you thought you needed Premier. ACC Network is available in Max, Choice, Xtra, Ultimate and Premier on AT&T TV Now. Their channel lineup is wrong when it says ACC Network (ACCHD) is Premier only. Another error is they have A Wealth of Entertainment (AWE) listed twice.

20. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    @gio12 I was able to activate my old account for a free 7 day trial you have no worries Max does indeed have ACC Network here is a screenshot from the guide from my Chrome browser.

e221ab29b9fcab4fe230d2be1f6950f1.png

gio12 likes this.