1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fox Regional Sports HD question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mganga, May 16, 2009.

1. mganga

mganga Godfather

Dec 4, 2006
    Does anyone know why the Cubs/Astros game says its in HD--the Box confirms it is broadcast in 720p, and yet I only get it in pillar-box format? This seems to happen frequently on my EI channels as well. Sorry if this has been covered thoroughly elsewhere.:confused:

2. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    Mganga am i wrong is 720p also HD just not at 1080i or 1080p? I know that this happens to me and not just on sports but on other channels. I have had to make some modifications to my crop settings to fix.

3. bg4

bg4 Mentor

Oct 26, 2008
    just remember that just because the "channel" says HD (720p/1080i or DD) the "programming" does NOT have to be in HD. You can always tune to the SD.

4. JonSamuels

JonSamuels Legend

Jun 26, 2007
    St. Peters, MO
  5. mganga

mganga Godfather

Dec 4, 2006
    Again, am I missing something? Today's Fox national game--obviously which would be HD--only appears in pillar box format...

6. mganga

mganga Godfather

Dec 4, 2006
    its seems like someone forgot to flip a switch...anyone know what i mean?

7. Visman

Visman Legend

Feb 16, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I have the same thing here. ya What gives FOX???:confused::nono2::soapbox::uglyhamme

8. mganga

mganga Godfather

Dec 4, 2006
    and now its in HD with correct aspect (someone pressed the right button?)--does anyone know what the story is with this kind of thing?

9. JonSamuels

JonSamuels Legend

Jun 26, 2007
    St. Peters, MO
    The FOX station here in Des Moines is notorious for forgetting to flip the HD switch on Sundays during football season. Nearly every game is in SD until about midway through the 3rd quarter...so yeah...I know what you're talking about.