1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fox renews three shows for women 18-34 and teens

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Mar 4, 2013.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    From a Fox news release we learn some things about the decision-making process.

Fox has renewed "Raising Hope", "New Girl" and "The Mindy Project" because
    And what else can they do on Tuesday against "NCIS" anyway except to find a narrow target audience, though the Women 18-34 demographic has been The CW's demographic.

Actually Fox has renewed "The Following" because
    Well, sort of I guess depending on the week. But it is doing OK. At least it isn't because they get The CW's audience.

2. renbutler

renbutler Godfather

Oct 17, 2008
    Awesome. My wife and I enjoy New Girl, although it's not quite as good as when it premiered. (In my experience, shows usually find their footing in their second or third season after a bit of a raw or uneven, yet promising, start.) I wouldn't have guessed that it was targeted for women though.

Raising Hope is probably my favorite underrated primetime program. It's delightfully goofy, usually without going over the edge to pointlessly madcap. Glad to see it made it through too.

3. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Same here, especially this past week's "My Name is Earl" reunion episode. I was laughing so hard it hurt.

4. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    That was brilliant. All the little nods (as well as the obvious ones) to Earl were fantastic.

I don't think I could ever watch The Mindy project, but I do like New Girl and Raising Hope (but my wife doesn't really care for either one - although she did Watch the "Earl" episode after I told her about it)

5. renbutler

renbutler Godfather

Oct 17, 2008
    I'd never seen Earl, so I had no idea there was any reference to it (or its cast).

I really liked the second ep, where present Jimmy, young Jimmy, and Sabrina each separately sing "Ain't No Sunshine." (Especially young Jimmy, who is a spitting image of my 3yo.) I've had to watch is a few times since then.

6. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Please don't tell anyone but we had 19 episodes of New Girl on the dvr and just started watching them, it's actually pretty funny. :)

7. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Yeah, Greg Garcia and his crew put out good stuff. I watched the episode twice and picked up even more nods the second time.

There was also an episode of Raising Hope a few weeks ago that had cast from "Yes, Dear!", another Greg Garcia show, reprising their roles and following the storyline of that show. Funny stuff.

8. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    It's funny and good for a few laughs. I record it but it's not something I have to watch soon after recording it. Episodes can pile up for me.

9. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Big Raising Hope fan here too. (and I am a guy) Good to see.