1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FOX Renews "Touch," Cancels "Alcatraz," "The Finder"

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by frederic1943, May 10, 2012.

1. frederic1943

frederic1943 Icon

Dec 1, 2006
  2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I didn't care for the Finder... I've been DVRing Touch, but not watched it yet.

Disappointed to see Alcatraz go, primarily because they should have been able to make this decision before they started shooting the last few episodes so that the producers could have wrapped the storyline properly.

3. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    I thought Alcatraz and The Finder were axed a while ago.

4. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Well, I guess we all like different things.

I started out with Alcatraz and watched a few episodes, then killed it off.

Tried Touch, didn't like it at all.

But I do like Finder! :(

5. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I wanted Alcatraz to continue. Very disappointed about it. I have the episodes of Touch on the DVR but do not know if I will end up watching them before deleting them. This crap from FOX each year is getting old. I loved Chicago Code last year and they cancelled it too. Makes me not want to watch any of the drama series on FOX anymore.

6. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I know what you mean. Chicago Code hurt, because, IMHO, it was a well-written, well-cast show that should have been given a chance in a less competitive time slot. I thought they gave up on it way too quickly.

We haven't watched any Touch episodes beyone the pilot, but we're saving 'em for a rainy day. We did give up on Finder and Alcatraz. Other Fox shows we record (and enjoy) include Bones, Fringe, Glee, House and Idol. Only one more House, tho and a half-season of Fringe next year. Hope springs eternal they'll come up with at least one or two quality shows as fall replacements.

7. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I too have been recording Touch, just in case, but I can't say I'm really in a rush to watch it. Alcatraz and The Finder however I watched weekly within 24 hours of the episode airing.

Burn in Hell FOX!

8. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    I would have liked to see it end with a conclusion.I hope Alcatraz gets picked up by some cable net.

9. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    I to liked Alcatraz, and The Finder. My wife likes Touch though, so she'll be happy about that.

Alcaraz was a really good idea, rather poorly executed. That was unfortunate.:( The Finder back-door pilot on Bones was better then the series turned out to be. Given the ratings, I guess I understand the decisions. I don' thave to like them though.:rolleyes:

10. jdskycaster

jdskycaster Legend

Sep 1, 2008
    I have been watching alcatraz and touch. For me I would have liked to see alcatraz continue on. touch takes the butterfly effect just a bit too far.

11. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Nothing about these decisions reflect in the ratings IMHO. Nothing Fox ran on Monday night did very well this year, though "Alcatraz" did a bit worse than the others.

The real fiasco was Thursday night at 9:00 where we saw "the cumulative effect of nonlinear viewing.” That was the "Bones" slot, a show Fox is now killing over on Monday at 8:00. It will have completely lost audience continuity by next year. They stuffed "The Finder" in that slot earlier and it pulled about the same ratings as "Touch" is now getting, both well below "Bones" historical ratings, but then the "American Idol" lead in is down 30% over last year. Then they moved "The Finder" over to Friday at 8:00 where it could get the ratings they needed to justify not renewing it.

My wife loves "Touch" and I think it's just ok. I like "The Finder" but my wife correctly observed it's just a bit too quirky to find a broadcast TV audience - it belonged on USA where characters are welcome.

Fox, the sports and game show network, no longer needs to worry much about catering to the scripted show viewers as we are stuck paying $1 a month to News Corp even if they ran mostly infomercials. But they renewed "Fringe" for a final year so I'll grumble only quietly about that buck.

12. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    They just puzzle me at FOX. Prison Break was great but it drug on forever. It appeared they wanted to do that with Alcatraz as well. I dont mind that it ended but I did mind that there was no good end to it really. I think Chicago Code would of been better in season 2 and I loved season 1. Alot of people thought 24 drug on to long as well. I think its obvious that the people at FOX have issues with making the peoper decisions about shows people wanna watch. Im sure its a tuff decision but geeze. Its getting out of hand. People dont want to watch good shows only to have them cancelled after 1 year. For me its also partially that FOX pushes some of them so hard. Chicago Code was pushed very hard. I saw so many commercials and heard about it before it came out. For it to falter that was means someone didnt do a very good job somewhere down the line in my opinion.

13. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    For those of you who wanted closure for Alcatraz here it is:

@BryanWynbrandt - "Hey y'all. It's been a helluva journey & sharing it with you made it all the more worth it. And if you must know, yes, it was time travel."

14. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I thought we knew it was time travel... just not how or when... and if it was one-way only.

15. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Really bummed about Alcatraz.

Watched it every week, really wanted to see how it played out.

Always love these time travel shows.

Man I hope they have a 2 hour movie conclusion or someone picks it up. Or just write a blog post of how it was going to play out.

I know it's all fantasy but I want to see what story they were working on behind the scenes.

What a bummer.

16. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Was just thinking.

Watched Journeyman (NBC), FlashForward (ABC), Life on Mars (ABC) ...

Every episode of all ... all got canceled ...

And Alcatraz had much potential.

Bummer ...

17. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I watched the Bones "Finder" episode and recorded each episode of Finder after it became a series, but I haven't watched one episode yet. I guess I'll just delete the entire folder... doesn't seem like much point to watch now.

18. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    At least Life On Mars got to finish. A good finish too I might add.

19. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Save the Clock Tower!!

Aug 21, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    This.

I also have Alcatraz and Touch untouched.

20. gilviv

gilviv Godfather

Sep 18, 2007
    Miami, FL. USA
    Networks should at least let the "viewers" have an ending/wrap-up to what many have invested time watching.:nono2::mad::nono2: It's terrible to get wrapped up in a good show only too have it cancelled without an ...............:D