Fox Soccer Plus & Aussie Rules Footy

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by jw_rally, Mar 21, 2017.

1. jw_rally

jw_rally Active Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Ohio
    I tried to use the DIRECTV Chat option a couple of days ago to check the price of Fox Soccer Plus. The AFL season begins this week and quite a few matches are to be broadcast on Fox Soccer Plus. Since it appears you can't add it from the website, I thought it would be simple enough to check the price and maybe get it added using a chat session. That turned out to be a fiasco.

By the time we were finished "Steve" had said that he removed NFL Sunday Ticket from my account (even though I did not mention anything about NFL ST), and added FS Plus to my account without telling me the price. I had only asked him to inform me of the cost.

I don't believe "Steve" works in the US, nor do I believe that poor guy has a clue how to do his job.

I have tried the chat sessions several times, and none of them have been particularly effective even for simple items like this.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  2. majikmarker

majikmarker AllStar

Feb 27, 2005
    Arlington, WA
    Footy fan here as well and also interested in adding Fox Soccer Plus again this season for the extra AFL matches each week. Found the channel listed under the Sports Packages information but underneath it said that this package was out of season (something to that effect) and check back later. Problem is, it is a year round channel. Last year, I added the channel myself using the website and then called to cancel after the Grand Final.

I think the price was around $30 a month for Fox Soccer Plus last year. (Just tried to log back into my account so I could check the price last season and I now get a Bad Request error message. Starting to believe everything ATT touches goes to hell!)

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    $14.99/month

mws192 likes this.
  4. mws192

mws192 Godfather

Jun 17, 2010
    It's been unavailable to add online for a few months. It disappeared sometime in Q4. At first I hoped it was a sign it was moving packages but I'm now leaning towards an error. I would have thought it would have been fixed when they added the MLS package info earlier this month, but alas, it's not.

I tried adding it via chat back in December and was offered the first month free.

5. steveymacjr

steveymacjr Member

Feb 20, 2016
    jw_rally likes this.
  6. zeebre12

zeebre12 Member

Dec 28, 2014
    new york
    Could Fox Soccer Plus close as arn't Champions League and Europa League moving to Turner. Will FSP have much to show?

7. jw_rally

jw_rally Active Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Ohio
    I bought Watch AFL. It is very well done and I enjoyed the first weekend of Footy.

steveymacjr likes this.