1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fox Soccer Plus Free Preview (No HD?)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by jwt0001, Sep 15, 2012.

1. jwt0001

jwt0001 Godfather

May 21, 2005
    Ashland, KY
    DirecTV is offering a free preview of FSP beginning today. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to include the part time HD channel. Turned on AFL this morning and could only watch it in SD, even though it showed in the HD guide.

2. Barcthespark

Barcthespark Godfather

Dec 16, 2007
    You'd think they would include the HD channel, but once people saw how few events are actually on the HD channel they would probably decide not to buy it. I ordered it just for the month so I could watch the AFL Finals.

3. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    621-1 is the game only channel. I'm watching it in HD right now.

4. jwt0001

jwt0001 Godfather

May 21, 2005
    Ashland, KY
    Thanks. They must have gone ahead and turned it on. It wasn't for an earlier simulcast today.

5. Araxen

Araxen Icon

Dec 18, 2005
    I would be a perm subscriber if it was in HD 24/7 but I haven't subbed to the channel since it was Setanta. $15 is too expensive for a SD only channel. Internet streams are better quality than Directv's SD quality.

6. fsquid

fsquid Godfather

Aug 30, 2006
    Jacksonville...
    they show such little rugby on there that I haven't had it for years. Did love the old Setanta.

7. TJNash

TJNash AllStar

Jun 5, 2012
    San Diego
    You might want to take a look at their schedule. Some of us think they are now showing way too much rugby.

8. Araxen

Araxen Icon

Dec 18, 2005
    Last Sunday the entire day was Rugby. The only reason I would sub to the channel is for Rugby and the AFL, but no full-time HD means I won't spend $15 a month on it.

9. mhking

mhking Legend

Oct 27, 2002
    Atlanta
    I enjoy Aussie Rules and rugby, but I refuse to pay $15 for a single channel toward that end. If it was part of the regular sports package, I'd watch quite a bit.

I even used to subscribe back in the Setanta days. I simply cannot justify the cost any longer.

10. fsquid

fsquid Godfather

Aug 30, 2006
    Jacksonville...
    I haven't looked at their schedule in a year. Maybe it is because they lost the Serie A and MLS. Thanks, I'll take a look.