Fox Soccer Plus freeview 10/2-10/8

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Coca Cola Kid, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2009
    Mt. Morris, MI
    Just got an email from D* that says there's going to be a Fox Soccer Plus freeview from 10/2-10/8.

2. jefbal99

jefbal99 Hall Of Fame

Sep 7, 2007
    Very cool, I'm still not gonna sub at $15/month but it will be nice to watch a few extra games...

3. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    This freebie is bad news for existing FS+ subs hoping for a move from stand alone premium channel to Sports Pack.

Fox is putting more and more on FS+ to build subs. I was amazed the Man U v Liverpool game Sunday was on FS+ and not FSC.

I'll continue to pay the $15 per month, but this "half pregnant" HD plan defies description. Sure, live EPL and Serie A in HD football is good, but...

Spurs are hosting Arsenal in the Carling Cup this afternoon, and it's only on 621, not available in HD. And even upconverted rugby would look better than the crap SD picture.

If D* cannot come up with an equitable agreement to carry a $15 per month channel in HD full time, it's no surprise they do not have agreements for all the other channels people are begging for.

4. mrtanner69

mrtanner69 Mentor

Jun 28, 2008
    Fox Soccer Plus? don't they mean "Fox Mostly Rugby with a bit of important soccer thrown in to force EPL fans to pay twice"?

5. dhines

dhines Godfather

Aug 16, 2006
    no SPL and no euro international matches (except for england) . . .

no chance in me subscribing, but i will enjoy the freeview.

6. demonstimpy

demonstimpy Legend

Jul 29, 2004
    Yeah and the game looked like garbage. And we are paying extra for this.
    Disgraceful quality.

7. Civrock

Civrock Legend

Dec 27, 2009
    NC
    They should add a foxsoccer.tv subscription when you sign up to FS Plus on carriers that offer is separately for a premium fee, like D*. It's the same price and basically same programming. I'm sure such a bundle would give the channel much more value than it currently does on carriers.

As it stands, it's just not worth it. Even if I considered to get it, I'd be 100% more likely to get foxsoccer.tv than Fox Soccer Plus on D*.

8. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks for the heads up

9. avsrock90

avsrock90 Cool Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Everyone complains about FSC+ being in a league of its own, but in reality, its just a rebrand of Setanta at this point. As far as I know, FSC just inherited Setanta's contracts, and Setanta's model required a $15 PPV in order to even be profitable (or, as the case may be, not profitable). I would imagine that until FSC is able to renegotiate Setanta's old contracts / they expire, they will not be able to viably bring it down into the sports pack...These extra games have always relied on a PPV-esque model....

10. Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell Hall Of Fame

Feb 17, 2006
    Setanta had much more content than FSC+.

Disappointing.

Proper football is about all that keeps me with D* after 16 years. I've dropped the movies subs. The several regular network shows I watch I can get online - legally. Many more news sources available online. And even CNN is better online than they are on TV.

I get more news from my iPad than I do from D* - though that's as much the fault of the boring vanilla content from providers as anything else.

I went w/o local news for years and years - and all that does is keep me up-to-date with murders down in Albuquerque. I wouldn't miss that.

Nope. The Prem and European leagues are about it. The tournaments.

I might miss Bloomberg - though, like BBCA - we haven't access to anything but SD.

11. DawgLink

DawgLink Woof Woof Woof

Nov 5, 2006
    Washington, DC
    I have FSP and don't mind paying for it for a few months. Eventually I will drop it but right now I like watching and DVR'ing a lot of their games.