Fox Sports in San Diego

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by dan9960, Nov 15, 2009.

1. dan9960

dan9960 Cool Member

Mar 29, 2008
    I'm trying to watch the San Diego/Philly game and the sound is constantly stuttering. This is the local broadcast and it's channel 69 KSWB. The stuttering continues during the commercials also. This is the only channel that is doing this. Anybody else having this problem?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. dirtyblueshirt

dirtyblueshirt Under Suspicion

Dec 6, 2008
    Anaheim, CA
    It's probably KSWB... I'm getting sound stutter on the Cox Clear QAM feed ( ihave cable internet, get the locals in Clear QAM)

3. starchilds

starchilds New Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Ditto problems ch 69, but like I said in my post in SD HD locals, its all locals with live game feeds have PQ issues.

4. dirtyblueshirt

dirtyblueshirt Under Suspicion

Dec 6, 2008
    Anaheim, CA
    Does the Fox network run all of it's game feeds through one satellite? That could be the source of the issue if the bird is having bandwidth problems...

5. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    It's not just sports. I've noticed it mainly on Sundays, but also Mondays. The Simpson's last night was full of audio studders...I expect tonight's House & Lie to me to be the same. Happened about a month ago too.

6. starchilds

starchilds New Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Yes, 69 kswb has had off and on problems other than sporting events with the audio. Stuttering, sync and the so called brrrps. Can anyone confirm PQ issues with all the locals during sporting events. I am trying the process of elimination on my specific setup. Would like to know if others are experiencing same. Thanks

7. smkuchta

smkuchta Cool Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I have had the same issues for the past few months. Don't watch much on KSWB - Fox except football, but noticed the baseball playoffs were also terrible. Some days are worse than others, last sunday's game the picture was ok (fox is never as good as cbs) but the audio was stuttering a lot.

I saw a post on HDTV.forsandiego.com that mentioned KSWB had responded to a complaint saying that there was a problem with the feed to directv encoding or some such thing and that they were working on it but this was a few weeks ago so they have obviously not figured it out.

I have sunday ticket as well and none of the other games on fox have this problem just the games on KSWB.

8. carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan Icon

May 18, 2004
    Carlsbad, CA
    There is a thread about this at hdtv.forsandiego.com. One of the posters in that thread sent an email and KSWB responded with "this is a problem with an encoder...we are working on the problem, yadda, yadda, yadda...".

I was at the game and wondered how bad/good KSWB's feed was going to be.

9. cjever19

cjever19 Legend

Jun 2, 2007
    This problem is showing up for me too and is very annoying. Especially bad on last weeks Chargers game vs. the eagles on FOX KSWB. Come on, lets get this fixed!

Was almost unwatchable but I couldn't turn it off. What a great game.