1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

France 24 in English

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by lacruz, Nov 19, 2010.

1. lacruz

lacruz Legend

Feb 24, 2005
    Hi. According to the 11/8 uplink report, FRN24EN is now AVAILABLE on Ch 665. But when I called Dish to get it, the CSR said that there was no channel 665, nor did they offer an English feed of France 24. Did Dish remove the uplinked channel? I currently have France 24 in French on Ch 660 as part of the French package, but I would like to get the English feed if it is available. Thanks...

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It may not be in their system yet. "Available" in the uplink reports simply means that it is no longer in the test package of channels. Who it is available to is unknown.

3. NYSatelliteman

NYSatelliteman Mentor

Aug 23, 2002
    Hi,,,I have the same question as you. The only "package" that France 24 in English seems available, though, is in some basic $10 a month "International Basic" package. http://www.dishnetwork.com/international/default.aspx#

The above-mentioned International Basic package provides 20 international-themed stations for the $10, but, what seems strange is that France 24 English is the only channel not available in any other package!

I will investigate further, but, so far, I am assuming that this is either a dumb oversight by Dish (and a phone call will add it to your package for free), or intentional international stupidity with a bit of Anglo-Franco greed.

NYSatelliteman

4. lacruz

lacruz Legend

Feb 24, 2005
    I called about this Basic Int'l Package back in December. This package seems to only be available to new customers without any other programming. While the English feed is available in this package, it is still unavailable in any other package. Emails and calls to CEO@dishnetwork.com about making the channel available in the French package went unanswered. I gave up.