1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fred Phelps at it again.

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Richard King, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
  2. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    He's not "at it again", but has been this way for some time. He's been protesting at various military funerals since early June. In particular he now sports a new sign: "Thank God for IEDs." Apparently now everyone who even protests against the Westboro Baptist Church group is also sinning against God, which is why they are being punished.

In case you also missed it, he posted the following on his website after the London bombings:

"Thank God for the bombing of London's subway today - July 7, 2005 - wherein dozens were killed and hundreds seriously injured. Wish it was many more."

Almost any new tragedy (the tsunami, etc) is marked by a new sign that God is punishing us.

This is a deranged cult here who has obviously lost it.

3. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    He should actually be sued by the various Baptist denominations for dirtying the name.

4. pjmrt

pjmrt Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2003
    I like that idea, sue that jerk. But regardless, he will have his "reward" - hope his church got a good deal on asbestis for his coffin when his day comes. Yeah I know, sick comment I guess ...

5. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    Maybe, but turnabout is fair play. ;)

6. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Please note, it is NOT liberal pastors making these ridiculous statements and disrupting soldiers funerals. :lol:

7. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    Nor is it a conservative pastor. It is a psychotic nut job. He is a "pastor" only in his own mind.

8. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    But regardless, he will have his "reward" - hope his church got a good deal on asbestis for his coffin when his day comes.

And of course I think most of us imagine Phelps being Satan's personal bitch as well come eternity - that just seems like a just punishment for such a gay hater.

But of course to keep things in perspective, with the exception of some various tax evasion and fraud, they are not as evil compared to the likes of Stalin and Hitler... but they certainly do provoke hatred in turn from those they encounter.

9. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    I suspect only because they have not the power to be as evil in scope of deed.

10. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Predictably, the "Thank God for Katrina" banners are now out on their site, with statements like "Pray for more dead bodies floating on the fag-semen-rancid waters of New Orleans" :nono2:

I imagine its only a matter of time before they try picketing the funerals of the hurricane casualties.

11. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    Like I said, Pat Robertson picked the wrong person to be taken out... or at a minimum he should expand his list by one. If you look up sociopath in the dictionary you will find a picture of Phelps.

12. olgeezer

olgeezer Guest

Dec 5, 2003
    An ex-lawyer

13. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    That explains it. :lol:

14. ntexasdude

ntexasdude Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2005
    I checked out his website. All I can say is wow! :(

I had never even heard of Fred Phelps until he was mentioned on this board.

15. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    I have never "visited" his site, nor will I ever. I don't want to increase his count.

16. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    I usually only check it out when he's in the news again to verify facts.

Its a pretty filthy place. For supposed "Christians", the posters there love using pretty foul language and obscene imagery.

17. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    You are checking the wrong site for facts. :D

18. RichW

RichW Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 29, 2002
    I think it is important to visit such sites, if only to keep tabs on them and understand their particular brand of Dufusism (far right) or Wackoism (far left).

19. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    You are checking the wrong site for facts.

I ment of course to correct posters when they blame someone else for this idiots actions, such as mainedish did awhile back when they showed up for Reagan's funeral.

20. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Yes, Sean hannity made a similar mistake recently

http://mediamatters.org/items/200508310004

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.