1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Free Agents" premiers - no, not that one, the original one

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Oct 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    [​IMG]

"Free Agents" premiers tomorrow, Saturday, October 8.

Now you may ask "Didn't NBC just cancel this show?"

Yes. But the 2009 original will be shown on BBCA - all six episodes which is the usual season for Brit TV. Unfortunately this Channel 4 Television Corporation production was not picked up for even another six.

So if you're NBC, why not buy an American version...?:rolleyes:

And yet, I'm going to watch because I'd bet the six episodes will be funnier. I may be wrong, but I'll risk the half hour.

2. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    It is so effing funny however as the norm BBCA will probably edit it for broadcast tv, don't know why they do that because they are a cable channel. I am afraid much of the risqué humor will be bleeped or removed.

Here is a post I put on my Facebook wall about Free Agents:

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Well...

To be fair... The Office was a huge hit in the UK... but only had two 6-episode seasons plus a Christmas special (~14 episodes total)... and yet NBC has taken that into what 7 or 8 20+ episode seasons now?

The flip side... Fawlty Towers has been optioned a couple of times in the US to abysmal failure.

Sometimes the shows work, sometimes they don't. When they do work, it's genius and we get WAY more than the BBC ever does for a series... but when they fail, they tend to crash and burn in a hurry.

I honestly can't think of any middle-of-the-road American options for British shows. They all seem to be great success or horrible failure.

4. Dario33

Dario33 Godfather

Dec 15, 2008
    Whoa, it's the Brit from Episodes.

5. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    I thought that sounded familiar.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0182623/

6. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Yeah, that's what makes the failure of the American version of "Free Agents" so ironic. Brit show brought to America....;)