1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free HD for life with entertainment package

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by pandafish, Aug 23, 2012.

1. pandafish

pandafish Cool Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Idaho Falls, ID
    Hello, I have been reading this forum for a while but never posted anything. I currently have the choice ultimate package with the free hd for life. I signed up with Directv in August 2010. I've noticed that the entertainment package would be a good fit for me. Is there a minimum package to keep the free hd credit? I don't want to lower it if it ends up being a wash because of having to pay for hd. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    You are going to want to call in and check but I believe that Ultimate is the lowest you can get with the credit if you signed up with the NFL offer in 2010. So switching to Entertainment would save you a net of $10 a month. If you ever went back up though you would lose your discount.

3. n3vino

n3vino Godfather

Oct 2, 2011
    Leon...
    Since I have free HD for life, I created a new customer dummy order just to check how they charge for HD. I notice the there is no charge for HD and no charge for whole home, but the advanced DVR charge is now $20.00 with a ten dollar credit for 24 months. Then it goes up to $20.00

On my statement, there is an HD charge of $10.00 with a $10.00 credit with auto bill pay. Then there is an $8.00 charge for advanced DVR and $3.00 charge for whole home.
    So far, that's a charge of $11.00 for all three items after the $10.00 credit for HD.

I wonder if my billing will remain the same after my contract is up next year? If they leave the HD charge with credit, and raise my DVR and whole home to $20.00, then it will show as $30.00 of charges with a $10.00 credit for HD, for a total charge of $20.00. That wipes out my HD credit for life.

Does anyone know how that will work for those that have free HD for life?

4. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    The $20 charge is not Advanced DVR. For all new customers the HD, DVR and Whole Home DVR are combined into a bundled Advanced Receiver package for $20 a month. The bundle has a savings of $1 a month over the price of each individually. Accounts created before Feb 9, 2012 are unbundled.

5. n3vino

n3vino Godfather

Oct 2, 2011
    Leon...
    Yes I figured that new accounts were bundled. So do you believe that accounts created before Feb 9, 2012 will remain the same? That was my concern.

6. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Yes they will stay the same.