1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free preview of hbo & max in may

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by romito201, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romito201

romito201 New Member

Jul 5, 2008
  2. frnz571

frnz571 New Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Thanks for the info. Last time Starz had a Free preview, Directv let me know about it the day after it was over

3. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    Now come all the posts from people saying there's nothing to watch on them.

4. David MacLeod

David MacLeod New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    heh heh... Max usually does late at night :)

5. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    Will probably fill up the DVR with some movies at that time.

6. dodge boy

dodge boy R.I.P. Chris Henry

Mar 31, 2006
    They do when it's a preview...... after a weekend preview you see pretty much all the stuff that is on the rest of the month.... :D

7. dodge boy

dodge boy R.I.P. Chris Henry

Mar 31, 2006
    I still have movies from the laast one and the Starz preview as well.

8. Italia

Italia Godfather

Dec 8, 2008
    Amen! I second that! Also, this isn't Starz, so there should be some quality movies to watch too!

9. TEN89

TEN89 Legend

Jun 27, 2003
    yh, and most will be first time posters lol

10. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    And unlike STARZ! the HBO/Cinemax previews don't generally include obnoxious "call this 800 number now to subscribe" interruptions during the movies. And HBO/Cinemax don't interrupt the closing credits of the movies either. Finally, they are the only premium services that don't put that irritating "bug" in the corner of the screen reminding you of what channel you are watching.

11. pfp

pfp Whatever

Apr 28, 2009
    [​IMG]

12. Greggbb

Greggbb Cool Member

Jun 30, 2008
    I just set up my OnDemand. When a free preview like this one hits, will I also have the ability to use HBO OnDemand? And if so, once the preview is over, do my OnDemand downloads "expire" immediately?

Thanks!

13. jake14mw

jake14mw AllStar

Oct 5, 2007
    What's the best way to search for movies on during this free preview?

14. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    I usually highlight the channel name in the guide and press INFO. That will give you a guide of up to 14 days for just that channel. Since the preview is only for 3-4 days, it doesn't long to scroll through the list and select some movies to record.

15. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    I could be wrong, but if I remember right during one of these 'free weekends' I was NOT able to download DoD selections from those 'free preview' channels. However, if you are able to, they should not automatically expire when the preview is over. Anything you've downloaded during that time should remain until you delete it, or it is deleted to allow for other recordings if your HD is full.

16. ATARI

ATARI Hall Of Fame

May 10, 2007
    You remember correctly. DoD were not available for a given premium channel last time. I don't expect it to be any difrerent this time.

17. dishbd

dishbd Cool Member

Feb 7, 2007
    HBO on Demand and Cinemax on Demand don't exist on D* anyway, so it's a moot point for this free preview.

18. Zellio

Zellio Icon

Mar 8, 2009
    Wow! What a tryout of two channels (and 2 duplicates!)! I imagine everyone will be dying to switch from their current provider who by now has more hbo/cinemax channels, even if the provider is a local cableco run by billy joe in his farm!

19. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    DoD content has an automatic deletion date. So it's not like regular content that you can keep forever.

20. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    People who don't have DirecTV won't really know of the free preview or watch it. I understand your post was just a complaint about the amount of channels but you should have done something like "Wow people can see how many less channels HBO/Max are then they had anywhere else". That would have been more to the point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.