DBSTalk Forum banner

FREEVIEW: Choice Xtra

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  cypherx 
#1 ·
I just turned my TV to find that we have more channels than usual! It appears we have a freeview of the Choice Xtra package. I haven't seen it anywhere on here yet so I figured I'd post.

According to this site we have a Choice Xtra preview from May 27th until June 3rd.

Enjoy!!

#2 ·
I also noticed that and was confused. How come they didn't send us a message like usual? (atleast, the last time I checked they didn't) Seeing all these extra channels makes me miss them that much more...especially since now most of them are in HD.

I was kind of hoping they messed up my account and accidentally gave me the extra channels :righton:

#3 ·
F1aReD said:
I also noticed that and was confused. How come they didn't send us a message like usual? (atleast, the last time I checked they didn't) Seeing all these extra channels makes me miss them that much more...especially since now most of them are in HD.

I was kind of hoping they messed up my account and accidentally gave me the extra channels :righton:
I thought the same thing! I immediately looked for a message on the receiver or even an e-mail from them, but nothing, so I thought maybe somehow they messed up the account so then I look online at account management and it still showed Choice. Then I searched a little further and came across the website which lists all the freeviews. Slightly disappointed :p

#4 ·
At least with the Freeview I got to see the Blackhawks played against the Red Wings in game 7 as I'm on Spanish package, plus the local RSN didn't show the game, does NBC have the rights to the playoffs?
BTW that score shot near the end of regulation that was taken away was uncalled for, as we all know who started that scuffle. But I'll take a win no matter the outcome.

#5 ·
acostapimps said:
At least with the Freeview I got to see the Blackhawks played against the Red Wings in game 7 as I'm on Spanish package, plus the local RSN didn't show the game, does NBC have the rights to the playoffs?
BTW that score shot near the end of regulation that was taken away was uncalled for, as we all know who started that scuffle. But I'll take a win no matter the outcome.
all games should be on NBC or NBCSN + maybe NHL net for overflow.

#6 ·
Weather88 said:
I thought the same thing! I immediately looked for a message on the receiver or even an e-mail from them, but nothing, so I thought maybe somehow they messed up the account so then I look online at account management and it still showed Choice. Then I searched a little further and came across the website which lists all the freeviews. Slightly disappointed :p
Their annoying "TV Mail" system doesn't work very good. Like you said, offers and promotions you are eligible for often don't appear. I constantly get stupid messages on my R22 about HD promos even though I don't have HD!!

#14 ·
i had messages on all 3 of my dvrs letting me know of the preview, I would assume you did as well. And this is one of the drawbacks to using fav lists.

Me too, I didn't know I had any messages until I went to figure out while caller ID on screen notices were off. Fixed caller ID notices and saw the number of messages noted next to the icon. That's what prompted me to notice the preview. Came here to see if there was a thread about it, thus is history.

Wish there was a preference you could opt in to auto add new channels or previews to favorites. Then when the preview is over, it would go back to the way it was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.